Best cake recipe asap

Watch this thread
ashh30
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I need to best vanilla cake recipe ASAP. I tried other recipes but they dont taste perfect. Helppp
Venusplants
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/...ic-sponge-cake Works for me everytime!
username2646039
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Vanilla as in sponge cake? same as birthday cake?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
What's wrong with the taste of what you've done previously? Is it the ingredients or have you strayed slightly from the amounts?

Try baking with duck eggs rather than hen's eggs. They make a sponge rise really well and have a lovely colour.
ashh30
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Surnia)
What's wrong with the taste of what you've done previously? Is it the ingredients or have you strayed slightly from the amounts?

Try baking with duck eggs rather than hen's eggs. They make a sponge rise really well and have a lovely colour.
they just don’t taste nice or rise properly.
username2646039
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ashh30)
they just don’t taste nice or rise properly.
Add a lil vanilla in for flavour and make sure you mix everything properly
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Beat 200g butter and 200g castor sugar. Add 2 tsps of vanilla essence (you might want to adjust this to taste and whether you are using essence or the stronger extract). Beat in 4 eggs 1 by 1. Sift and fold in 200g of self-raising flour with a metal spoon; do this slowly and carefully, otherwise you knock the air out and it will affect the rise.

Divide between 2 lined and greased tins and bake for ~20 minutes at 190 (adjust as required for your oven). Don't open the oven too soon. Hold up a tin and listen after the 20 minutes and if it is still 'sizzling' put back for another few minutes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (93)
41.7%
They're exactly what I expected (54)
24.22%