The Student Room Group

Should I call him out on it or just let it be? (Pardon the pun)

Back in July, I met this boy at an induction day for a sixth form we’ve both moved to. I’m an introvert and usually very shy, so this was a big leap for me, but we just had a drama class which gave me a confidence boost and I decided to get to know him more over break. Truth be told, he just seemed like a nice guy and there’s was a high chance I’d have to go there in September because of transport issues, so I was trying to meet as many new people as possible. Anyway, things progressed quite quickly, I decided to be spontaneous again and we started texting over summer, until we met up to watch Yesterday at the cinema. And that’s when it all went downhill. However, it’s important to note that he’s the one who suggested that we meet up, he texted me more than once saying that he could cycle to my house and we could hang out (he lives a few streets away) and he kept sending an excessive amount of kisses at the end of his messages when I agreed to go to the cinema and kept asking whether we should book tickets. In hindsight, the cycling to my house comments were probably a joke and the kisses were clearly a joke too, so I should have realised that he was messing me about from the get go. Long story short, the date (if I can even call it that) was a disaster. My anxiety hit the roof and I was shaking like a leaf after saying hey to him, I ended up paying for both of our tickets because I didn’t realise he walked up to the counter with me and I just wanted to get it over and done with because I already made a mistake when the cashier asked me to pick our seats and we barely said a word to each other during the movie. We went for a meal after and the conversation eventually started to flow, but then he had to leave all of a sudden and I had to leave half my food oops. Well he said he had to go to his club, then my dad and I watched him drive into this pub. This is so long sorry, then September came around, we were friends with this other girl who I’m still friends with for about two weeks then all of a sudden he’d be with new people, I’d walk over and introduce myself to them and sometimes they were welcoming, but other times they would shut me out and I’d just sit alone. And that’s my sixth form life now. Sitting alone at break and lunch because I now fear rejection. It’s no longer awkward in drama because I’ve learnt to just ignore him and to be civil when we have to work as a group, but he’s now Mr. Popular and friends with some really lovely people. It could just be me being paranoid, but most of the drama class is hostile towards me, probably because rumours spread of the disaster that happened over summer and a lot of the time I feel as though they don’t feel happy working with me. Two more things - I found out recently that he has a girlfriend, so whether that was going on whilst we were getting to know each other, I’m not too sure. Anyway, my friend was in class with one of his friends, let’s call him T, and T told her to stay away from the guy I was talking to because he has a girlfriend and girls are always desperate for him, which I’m pretty sure was a dig at me & T said that he noticed she followed him on Instagram, which he can’t have because he doesn’t even follow the guy, so the guy must have been talking about her behind her back. Anyway, this leads me to my second point. This could be wayyyy off, but today someone added me on snapchat by number and their username was random letters, so in my own stupidity I accepted their request and received very explicit and grotesque images, then an hour later I found out the guy I’ve been talking about was out with T and his other group of friends, so whether it was some sort of prank I’m not sure because the only other people who have my number are my parents, my auntie, three of my girl friends, my best friend and my siblings. So yeah, I promise I’m not obsessing over this and I’m pretty much over it, but I guess I need a second opinion as to whether the situation was even that bad and I should talk to him about it or whether I should just let karma take its course. If anything it’s helped me because I’ve been distracting myself with revision since October and I’m on track for strong grades, but socially life has been difficult.
Reply 1
Thanks if you read all of that, it could be a novel.
read this to my boyfriend and we both agree it is bad
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
read this to my boyfriend and we both agree it is bad

Okay thank you. Should I leave it or ask him about it?
Reply 4
Anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending