Why is my cousin's husband always watching me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This guy is married to my cousin. So my cousins husband.*

Basically I'm not going to get too into the context of things but I had issues with this guys cousin. His cousin obviously told him about it. And when he found out it was very obvious because I caught him giving me dirty looks when I glanced at him.

This was in the beginning. he's kind of chilled out with the dirty looks but still stares over from the other side of the room quite a lot. Fair enough*
But what I dont get it why purposely hang around to hear my conversations with other people?
Basically at one point he was putting things away and rather than going somewhere next to a table to make it easier he stood right in front of where I was sat with another girl to listen in on our convo which tbh was far from interesting. But I know he was listening because if I stuttered or something he would be the first one to turn to look at me.*

Would you hang around people you despise like that? Honestly I wouldn't ans I find that behaviour strange and some what uncomfortable. This isn't the only time where he pays attention to me, in most events he will be watching or studying me from the other side of the room. If he has time to sit around I guarantee you thats what he will be doing.*
Helraz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This guy is married to my cousin. So my cousins husband.*

Basically I'm not going to get too into the context of things but I had issues with this guys cousin. His cousin obviously told him about it. And when he found out it was very obvious because I caught him giving me dirty looks when I glanced at him.

This was in the beginning. he's kind of chilled out with the dirty looks but still stares over from the other side of the room quite a lot. Fair enough*
But what I dont get it why purposely hang around to hear my conversations with other people?
Basically at one point he was putting things away and rather than going somewhere next to a table to make it easier he stood right in front of where I was sat with another girl to listen in on our convo which tbh was far from interesting. But I know he was listening because if I stuttered or something he would be the first one to turn to look at me.*

Would you hang around people you despise like that? Honestly I wouldn't ans I find that behaviour strange and some what uncomfortable. This isn't the only time where he pays attention to me, in most events he will be watching or studying me from the other side of the room. If he has time to sit around I guarantee you thats what he will be doing.*
Perhaps he's attracted to you and I don't mean this just in the romantic sense. He may or may not be attracted to you as in he wants to be friends with you? Have you tried telling hi.how it's making you feel?
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
m_20_20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
simple ignore him or tell him to stop what he is doing
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I swear you posted this a couple months ago..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zain_Ahmed)
I swear you posted this a couple months ago..
no mate?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by gjd800)
wow, yes. I see the light
Anonymous #1
wow, yes. I see the light
gjd800
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Helraz)
Perhaps he's attracted to you and I don't mean this just in the romantic sense. He may or may not be attracted to you as in he wants to be friends with you? Have you tried telling hi.how it's making you feel?
I dunno. Honestly he does this everytime now.

I think it happened gradually, so before it wouldnt happen at all and he barely noticed i existed which was fine by me I dont care for him either. But after that it was dirty looks/glares (first time since the drama), then looks every now and then that weren't glares but I could tell it was because of tension. And now hes just watching all the time, and i dont even feel like it's always from.dislike or hate anymore. Like.i dont always feel that tension around him even though he bow listens in on some.convos like that time I spoke about or just stares the whole time if he had the opportunity.

So I really dont know if it's that he somehow changed his mind about me and decided hes going to watch me the whole damn time or if he thinks I'm.a snake still.
Anonymous #1
sorry for the unnecessary full stops and bad grammar . I recently ditched the iPhone and went for Samsung Galaxy and still getting use to the android style of keyboard lol
Anonymous #1
sorry to actually answer your questions, no I havent. I'll admit I can come across as rude since I know his cousins told him and that he might not have a very high opinion of me so there have been times where he has come over with his wife (they only come like once a year if even that), and when he came in his dad said hi to me whilst I was walking out of the room they were about to enter so I said it back and meanwhile he was taking his shoes off but when it came to his turn I kind of carried on walking on to the kitchen because... it's just awkward as hell.
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no mate?
Yes mate..
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...sins%20husband
Anonymous #1

Bruh. I had a feeling you were going to do that.

Yeah I did post it again. It's not a copy of the thread so it's fine but it's based on the same scenario.

legit nothing has changed since. more events have passed and the same behaviour continues from him. I'm becoming more and more curious as to why and sometimes its alarming to me. So yes I posted it again. But I've bad an event happen a week ago and one before and his behaviour is the same. That's why
Anonymous #1
I dont even know if it's the initial issue anymore with his cousin that's the cause of his behaviour anymore because that was 3 years ago now.

I even saw his cousin the other day in a public place, and he saw me, looked for a while since we are familiar with one another but didnt seem to have any bad blood anymore. He didnt give me dirty looks or anything like that last time in 2017.

It's my cousins husband that's behaviour is just irritating me now.
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bruh. I had a feeling you were going to do that.

Yeah I did post it again. It's not a copy of the thread so it's fine but it's based on the same scenario.

legit nothing has changed since. more events have passed and the same behaviour continues from him. I'm becoming more and more curious as to why and sometimes its alarming to me. So yes I posted it again. But I've bad an event happen a week ago and one before and his behaviour is the same. That's why
So why deny the fact that you posted this scenario before??
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I dont even know if it's the initial issue anymore with his cousin that's the cause of his behaviour anymore because that was 3 years ago now.

I even saw his cousin the other day in a public place, and he saw me, looked for a while since we are familiar with one another but didnt seem to have any bad blood anymore. He didnt give me dirty looks or anything like that last time in 2017.

It's my cousins husband that's behaviour is just irritating me now.
The issue is the same..
You indirectly assume what's happening without actually talking about it.. As you have said in the other thread, you have never really talked to eachother, just look at each other. The centre of the problem is your misscomunication ( As I have said in the other thread). It doesn't harm you to actually talk to him. Ask him why he is looking at you the way he is.. Maybe you just missunderstand the situation.. You'll never know unless you talk.
Anonymous #1
So why deny the fact that you posted this scenario before??
Didnt want to have to deal with explanding everything but you backed me into a corner so 🤷*♀️ lol
Anonymous #1
The issue is the same..
You indirectly assume what's happening without actually talking about it.. As you have said in the other thread, you have never really talked to eachother, just look at each other. The centre of the problem is your misscomunication ( As I have said in the other thread). It doesn't harm you to actually talk to him. Ask him why he is looking at you the way he is.. Maybe you just missunderstand the situation.. You'll never know unless you talk.
It's quite obvious what the issue is though. Its not that I am assuming this because it's all quite crystal clear. An idiot wouldnt be able to catch on if they were aware of everything from start to present at this point.

I'll try saying hello whenever the opportunity comes and see his reaction from there. If I feel comfortable enough I'll approach him to talk
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's quite obvious what the issue is though. Its not that I am assuming this because it's all quite crystal clear. An idiot wouldnt be able to catch on if they were aware of everything from start to present at this point.

I'll try saying hello whenever the opportunity comes and see his reaction from there. If I feel comfortable enough I'll approach him to talk
Ye, try to say hello and maybe even ask why he is looking at you the way he is.. It can also throw him off and make him aware that you know what he's doing, if he is actually doing something suspicious.. It could make it awkward for him and he'll probably not do it again.. NO offence, just guessing but you seem the shy type. Try and stand up for yourself as it has been going on for a long time...
Anonymous #1
Ye, try to say hello and maybe even ask why he is looking at you the way he is.. It can also throw him off and make him aware that you know what he's doing, if he is actually doing something suspicious.. It could make it awkward for him and he'll probably not do it again.. NO offence, just guessing but you seem the shy type. Try and stand up for yourself as it has been going on for a long time...
I am shy, but not that shy if that makes sense. I can always say something if I need to or even if I feel like it, though I rather not most of the time... because I'm shy.

you know how Asian families are. You can't usually just go up to a cousins husband like that and talk because people will have questions especially if you two have never spoken properly before.

And the last thing I want is for people to find out about all of it tbh or that I know his cousin I'm anyway. He might have the same reasoning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (75)
15.18%
Uncertainty around my education (82)
16.6%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (45)
9.11%
Isolating with family (32)
6.48%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (21)
4.25%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (40)
8.1%
Loneliness (48)
9.72%
Financial worries (18)
3.64%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (49)
9.92%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.88%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (50)
10.12%

Watched Threads