The Student Room Group

Altering/ submitting parental support

Currently I am living at home and upon using the SF calculator when re-applying it seems that my total possible student finance is way higher then what I am currently receiving. Is there a way of amending this issue for my current year or am I stuck with the funding I am receiving? As I have received similar funding to the calculated values in previous years.
Original post by GeorgeWilliamson
Currently I am living at home and upon using the SF calculator when re-applying it seems that my total possible student finance is way higher then what I am currently receiving. Is there a way of amending this issue for my current year or am I stuck with the funding I am receiving? As I have received similar funding to the calculated values in previous years.

Hi George,

How much are you currently receiving for Maintenance Loan in this academic year? Will you still be living at home next year?

Thanks, Jen
Original post by Jen SFE
Hi George,

How much are you currently receiving for Maintenance Loan in this academic year? Will you still be living at home next year?

Thanks, Jen

Currently I am receiving 4.1 but it says I am eligible for 7.5. I shall also be staying at home.
Currently I am receiving 4.1 but it says I am eligible for 7.5. I shall also be staying at home.

Okay, it sounds like you are only receiving the Basic Rate of Maintenance Loan. Did your parents provide their income details to support your application?

Thanks, Jen
Edit:
Apparently I must have not sent off the document containing my parents earning which is what would allow me to get the additional funding. From what I've seen I can no longer edit my online request but I can fill out and send the written document to update this information.
Edit:
Apparently I must have not sent off the document containing my parents earning which is what would allow me to get the additional funding. From what I've seen I can no longer edit my online request but I can fill out and send the written document to update this information.

Hi, to request for your application to be based on the household income the following forms will need to be completed.

Include household income for an application made in 2020/21 - You'll need to complete this and it's available here.
PFF2 form for parents and partners of students applying in 2020/21 - Your parents will need to complete this and it's available here.

Regards, Aisha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending