The Student Room Group

Told off

Recently I have been feeling down due to a lot of stuff going down, I have just been feeling like a failiure. I have been trying to make other people feel down as well at college because Im feeling like this. It is unfair if everyone else is feeling happy so at college Ive been trying to put people down in my class. I got sent out of the classroom then the teacher asked why Im doing it so, I said exactly why because its unfair that other people get to be happy then I have to feel down. She had ago at me about it saying its not their fault Im depressed but also its not my fault as well. I just want other people to be feeling down as well then because its not fair when Im just there feeling down then other people are happy and having fun etc.
Reply 1
Ae you getting support in college and have you been to see your GP about feeling down? Are the things affecting you being addressed, in a practical sense, to lessen their impact? Could you call a support helpline or go to a support group to discuss what is happening?

You need help to cope with your issues, but also to understand that other people will be happy and you can't project your feelings on to them. Education is important and you don't what that to be affected and end up with another aspect of your life to worry over.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Ae you getting support in college and have you been to see your GP about feeling down? Are the things affecting you being addressed, in a practical sense, to lessen their impact? Could you call a support helpline or go to a support group to discuss what is happening?

You need help to cope with your issues, but also to understand that other people will be happy and you can't project your feelings on to them. Education is important and you don't what that to be affected and end up with another aspect of your life to worry over.

I havent seen the gp but it does help slightly when I upset other people because I think Im not feeling down on my own.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I havent seen the gp but it does help slightly when I upset other people because I think Im not feeling down on my own.

Go and see a doctor. What you are doing isn't actually helping you get over your issues and you'll isolate yourself even more if you upset other people.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Go and see a doctor. What you are doing isn't actually helping you get over your issues and you'll isolate yourself even more if you upset other people.

Ok
Recently I have been feeling down due to a lot of stuff going down, I have just been feeling like a failiure. I have been trying to make other people feel down as well at college because Im feeling like this. It is unfair if everyone else is feeling happy so at college Ive been trying to put people down in my class. I got sent out of the classroom then the teacher asked why Im doing it so, I said exactly why because its unfair that other people get to be happy then I have to feel down. She had ago at me about it saying its not their fault Im depressed but also its not my fault as well. I just want other people to be feeling down as well then because its not fair when Im just there feeling down then other people are happy and having fun etc.

Are you honestly looking for sympathy, because you were told off for be nasty to others? If I'd been the teacher who caught you treating others this way you would have got more than a mild telling off. I'd like to say something a lot stronger, but the mods would pull it.
That’s incredibly selfish and vile behaviour. You need to accept that life isn’t fair and you would be using your time and energy more wisely by figuring out how to get better instead of trying to pull others down to your level. Disgusting!!
Reply 7
Original post by David Getling
Are you honestly looking for sympathy, because you were told off for be nasty to others? If I'd been the teacher who caught you treating others this way you would have got more than a mild telling off. I'd like to say something a lot stronger, but the mods would pull it.

Im not looking for sympathy
Reply 8
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
That’s incredibly selfish and vile behaviour. You need to accept that life isn’t fair and you would be using your time and energy more wisely by figuring out how to get better instead of trying to pull others down to your level. Disgusting!!

But people laughed and called me a strese head
But people laughed and called me a strese head

Don’t care. You report them, not try and make them feel down.

you need to seek some professional help - GP would be a good start or a college counselor if you have one - this is not normal or reasonable behaviour.
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
Don’t care. You report them, not try and make them feel down.

Ok
How do you know everyone else is happy? It's impossible to know for sure. Mental health issues affect loads of people. So you might be taking it out on someone who is feeling just as down as you are, and just as angry and alone as you are, but hides it by faking happiness. This is why we all need to be honest about mental health! So please talk honestly to a professional, and maybe volunteer to help out with a mental health campaign at your college when you feel a bit better?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by FV75
How do you know everyone else is happy? It's impossible to know for sure. Mental health issues affect loads of people. So you might be taking it out on someone who is feeling just as down as you are, and just as angry and alone as you are, but hides it by faking happiness. This us why we all need to be honest about mental health! So please talk honestly to a professional, and maybe volunteer to help out with a mental health campaign at your college when you feel a bit better?

That is true tbf but I probably would think the people I have done it to act normal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending