EURO 2020 and COVID-19

Watch
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It seems probable that matches will be have to be played "behind closed stadium doors", some will even say cancelled completely so that players don't infect each other.

What can be done to prevent this?

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/n...-the-fixtures/
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NJA)
It seems probable that matches will be have to be played "behind closed stadium doors", some will even say cancelled completely so that players don't infect each other.

4 months away. Plenty of events and time fr things to develop till then.
So no it doesnt seem like matches will have to be played behind close doors yet.
You are being alarmist and unhelpful.
There are many other events prior to this and we will find out how the virus spread across Europe before then.
NJA
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Football is a huge social phenomena with a social / health cost if it stops.
MPs know that if outdoor events are stopped, many people will congregate in pubs and private lounges where contagion is more likely.
I think footballers should be public-spirited and take the very small risk of getting what for them, as healthy young men will be a mild disease by playing, behind closed doors if need be.
Closing your mouth and eyes when challenging for a header, having anti-pac wipes available on the sideline and other little things would further minimise the risk.
Last edited by NJA; 3 weeks ago
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by NJA)

I can't see how the tournament goes ahead as it stands. Look at the debacle over this round of Europa games and you'll see what I mean.
NJA
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sr90)
I can't see how the tournament goes ahead as it stands. Look at the debacle over this round of Europa games and you'll see what I mean.
That was then this is now if player's semi isolate and don't spend time with international whosoevers we might get away with it
mr tim
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
With European leagues and CL/EL suspended until early April at least, if the seasons were to be finished, surely the Euros has to be postponed.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mr tim)
With European leagues and CL/EL suspended until early April at least, if the seasons were to be finished, surely the Euros has to be postponed.
I think that all the competitions and leagues are even suspended to mid or even the end of April. That just will end up in to postpone the ERUO in 2021.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (341)
34.8%
No (639)
65.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed