Watch
Archie_Margretts
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago

The Hazardous Journey That Is A-Levels!

To the lost soul reading this...
My guess is that you've probably spent too long online, and have stumbled down a long rabbit hole that has now reached my pathetic corner. Well, welcome! Maybe you'll find my blog entertaining, or maybe you'll click off immediately because of my inane waffle, who knows? Let's found out shall we?

A little about me...
Hi, I'm Archie! I am in Year 12 and taking two A-Levels, Maths and Computer Science and a BTEC Diploma, IT. I like video games, programming, and reading. I play the drum kit and I enjoy eating. That about wraps it up.

Why this blog?
Currently, I'm struggling a little at college.IT is pretty easy, I get all my coursework done really early. Computer Science is interesting, and programming is very fun, but I struggle with complex concepts, mostly the theory side, like Vernam Ciphers and such. Maths is where is gets bad. At GCSE, I got a level 8 (A/A*), however I can't seem to get the hang of it at A-Level. So that's why I made this blog.

Updates?
I am hoping to update this blog once a week, with anything from small progress insights to revision strats. With my track record of procrastinating, I wouldn't hold out hope that I will actually update this weekly. But I promise to try. If you anything you wish to share, leave a comment, and I'll tag you with your idea on the next weeks post.

Hopefully with this system, I will be able to become a better studyer and grow my grades. And, who knows, maybe you'll learn something too?

Cya later!
Mona123456
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Archie_Margretts)

The Hazardous Journey That Is A-Levels!

To the lost soul reading this...
My guess is that you've probably spent too long online, and have stumbled down a long rabbit hole that has now reached my pathetic corner. Well, welcome! Maybe you'll find my blog entertaining, or maybe you'll click off immediately because of my inane waffle, who knows? Let's found out shall we?

A little about me...
Hi, I'm Archie! I am in Year 12 and taking two A-Levels, Maths and Computer Science and a BTEC Diploma, IT. I like video games, programming, and reading. I play the drum kit and I enjoy eating. That about wraps it up.

Why this blog?
Currently, I'm struggling a little at college. IT is pretty easy, I get all my coursework done really early. Computer Science is interesting, and programming is very fun, but I struggle with complex concepts, mostly the theory side, like Vernam Ciphers and such. Maths is where is gets bad. At GCSE, I got a level 8 (A/A*), however I can't seem to get the hang of it at A-Level. So that's why I made this blog.

Updates?
I am hoping to update this blog once a week, with anything from small progress insights to revision strats. With my track record of procrastinating, I wouldn't hold out hope that I will actually update this weekly. But I promise to try. If you anything you wish to share, leave a comment, and I'll tag you with your idea on the next weeks post.

Hopefully with this system, I will be able to become a better studyer and grow my grades. And, who knows, maybe you'll learn something too?

Cya later!
Good luck with your GYG blog!
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Good luck with your GYG blog! I’m assuming you want to do a career IT/Computer Science related?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Good luckk. I'm also Yr 12 and Maths as well
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
oof i feel the same about maths haha
Elmo127
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
What exam board are you for computer science? I’m in yr 13 doing Eduqas. I also do edexcel maths and music. Really relate with the whole not understanding maths I got a 9 at gcse and now I’m barely scraping a D overall and there’s only a few months left for me 🙃
m2b
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Maths is literally me gone from getting 8/9s in all the class tests at GCSEs to scraping Bs and Cs, though admittedly I have abandoned all extra work for it to alleviate my other grades but I’m needing to badly get it back to a high A
renaamz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I went from A* at Maths at GCSE to getting Ds! I then managed to get back on my feet what I'd recommend is past papers, past papers, past papers until the questions just kinda become natural. Honestly, they help so so much.
m2b
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by renaamz)
I went from A* at Maths at GCSE to getting Ds! I then managed to get back on my feet what I'd recommend is past papers, past papers, past papers until the questions just kinda become natural. Honestly, they help so so much.
What was your final grade?
renaamz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by m2b)
What was your final grade?
I'm still in year 13 but for As it was a B, I'd recommend not doing what I did(study everything a week before) and space it out, I've realized that now, so I would recommend starting to study from about now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (209)
57.26%
I don't have everything I need (156)
42.74%

Watched Threads