The Student Room Group

Ryanair hand baggage

Booked a trip with Ryanair tomorrow but only taking the small bag that was no extra Cost, dimensions are 40x25x20 cm but my bag is 45x25x25. It can be squashed down to fit in the box thing they have but will they get a tape measure out? Is it worth the risk
They won’t measure it. I’d just squash it down. It’s only slightly over. I’d take the risk
Reply 2
Original post by stepheds
They won’t measure it. I’d just squash it down. It’s only slightly over. I’d take the risk

Agreed.
Original post by Daisyjay15
Booked a trip with Ryanair tomorrow but only taking the small bag that was no extra Cost, dimensions are 40x25x20 cm but my bag is 45x25x25. It can be squashed down to fit in the box thing they have but will they get a tape measure out? Is it worth the risk

What type of bag is it?
If it's a rucksack and it doesn't look way over, then they probably won't bother measuring it.
I dunno... any other airline I'd say sure. Ryanair is super scammy though - any excuse to squeeze you for more money. Terrible airline.
If it is rigid, and the flight is full, then you might get caught out. They have a box at the gate that they put suspect luggage in - if it doesn't fit then they might insist it goes in the hold. I flew Ryan Air 2 weeks ago and there was a group of people at the gate having to get their valuables out before the bags went in the hold as they had just pushed it too far and the flight was full.

Quick Reply

Latest