Tessa2801
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi, I am currently completing my GCSE examinations and we are advised to choose our subject choices for A’ Level within the following week. I intend to study four subjects, three of which are finalised; Chemistry, Biology and English Literature. However, I am still undecided regarding my fourth subject choice and I need to make a choice of whether to study Geography or Religious education. The fourth subject is merely a grade. Therefore, I would be looking for the subject which I could attain the highest grade possible, although, some universities look upon Geography as a science which is a fact worth noting. Any advice would be welcomed gratefully, thank you.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Do 3.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You dont need to do 4, especially for medicine
Hovercraft
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You do not require four A Levels. However, there are some students who manage to do 4 and get excellent results. You can always start with 4 and drop one after a couple of weeks if it gets too much.

With regards to subject choice, your 4th Alevel choice shouldn't really matter much as long as you make 3 informed choice. So it really depends on what you enjoy most and likely to well in.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Tessa2801)
Hi, I am currently completing my GCSE examinations and we are advised to choose our subject choices for A’ Level within the following week. I intend to study four subjects, three of which are finalised; Chemistry, Biology and English Literature. However, I am still undecided regarding my fourth subject choice and I need to make a choice of whether to study Geography or Religious education. The fourth subject is merely a grade. Therefore, I would be looking for the subject which I could attain the highest grade possible, although, some universities look upon Geography as a science which is a fact worth noting. Any advice would be welcomed gratefully, thank you.
You shouldn't be doing four A levels for medicine. You should be doing three: chemistry, biology and one other of your choice, such as the English lit. which you've already suggested.
Rae5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I do 4 a levels and I am in year 12 and I regret picking 4 so much so I’m dropping one I just can’t handle the lack of time, mountains of work and unnecessary stress and for what? Unis only want 3 good a levels that line up with they’re course! Plus the apprenticeship I’m going to apply for only needs 2 STEM subjects and I took 4 because I thought they’d expect at least 3 stem subjects so now I’m just a stupid sleep deprived student who made uninformed choices... SERIOUSLY DONT DO 4!!!!!!
buoynancy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
if i were you id do maths as a 4 tbh because if you miss your offer in a different subject u have a backup. geography or Religious education just provides breadth and diversity but they dont even need a forth subject so don't do it unless it will help u or you love it\

(Original post by Tessa2801)
fyou
buoynancy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
sorry i didnt mean to type fyou sorryyyy

(Original post by buoynancy)
if i were you id do maths as a 4 tbh because if you miss your offer in a different subject u have a backup. geography or Religious education just provides breadth and diversity but they dont even need a forth subject so don't do it unless it will help u or you love it\

f
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.53%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (545)
48.57%

Watched Threads