CarlyJx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
One of my friends has been rejected from all of her choices to do midwifery this year. Can she apply for nursing for the next cycle instead?

Would this go against her? Does anyone have any success stories?

Cx
stereotypeasian
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
how about a gap year ?
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nursing and midwifery have very high instances of rejection. Could she take anything else. Also has she looked at taking more midwifery courses through ucas extra. She could try one at a time and possibly get a post and she could try that for 2 months before opting for another choice.
Anonymoooo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If I were her and didn’t want to do a full gap year, I would research courses that start in January. They may also offer the same for midwifery, but she could organise volunteering/work for a couple of months before she starts in January so she doesn’t have to take a full gap year.
She should work on her grades for now. And, most importantly only apply for something she wants to do!
Last edited by Anonymoooo; 1 month ago
Anonymoooo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ja...&client=safari
Anonymoooo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry for the third post in a row but make sure she emails the uni for feedback from interviews if she had any
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Would she be interested in any of these roles
https://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergradu...ience-contents
CarlyJx
Rep:
?
Thank you for the replies so far. She basically said, once she had sent her application off - she doubted midwifery, as her background is in caring (she has some care experience). Feedback confirmed her doubts, as they questioned her committment to the midwifery role? Perhaps her personal statement reflected this...... Going off feedback, could she apply in September for nursing instead. Even though she was rejected from Midwifery this cycle? Cx
OnlySonia
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She could also wait and apply for a place on a nursing course through clearing which opens in Summer for Universities. You can apply for any course that has spaces via clearing as long as you haven’t already applied for it. So if she has been rejected for midwifery she could still apply to unis via clearing for nursing courses that have spaces in clearing. Clearing is typically the start of July to end of October.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CarlyJx)
Thank you for the replies so far. She basically said, once she had sent her application off - she doubted midwifery, as her background is in caring (she has some care experience). Feedback confirmed her doubts, as they questioned her committment to the midwifery role? Perhaps her personal statement reflected this...... Going off feedback, could she apply in September for nursing instead. Even though she was rejected from Midwifery this cycle? f Cx
Yes she can apply next year for Nursing with a different PS but this also has high rejection rates so it is worth being prepared for. She could look at different roles in the health service or outside. She could even apply for nursing now under extra and she could ask the university whether they would accept an alternative Personal Statement related to nursing but she needs to de aware of the risk of rejection Ring the university to see if they are still taking applications and whether it would be worth her applying. She can check ucas course search for courses with vacancies first and act on that.
CarlyJx
Rep:
?
(Original post by OnlySonia)
She could also wait and apply for a place on a nursing course through clearing which opens in Summer for Universities. You can apply for any course that has spaces via clearing as long as you haven’t already applied for it. So if she has been rejected for midwifery she could still apply to unis via clearing for nursing courses that have spaces in clearing. Clearing is typically the start of July to end of October.
Ah brilliant, I'll let her know. She'll be thrilled 🙂
CarlyJx
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Yes she can apply next year for Nursing with a different PS but this also has high rejection rates so it is worth being prepared for. She could look at different roles in the health service or outside. She could even apply for nursing now under extra and she could ask the university whether they would accept an alternative Personal Statement related to nursing but she needs to de aware of the risk of rejection Ring the university to see if they are still taking applications and whether it would be worth her applying. She can check ucas course search for courses with vacancies first and act on that.
Thanks for this helpful info 😊. I'll let her know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (281)
15.28%
Uncertainty around my education (288)
15.66%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (183)
9.95%
Isolating with family (130)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (84)
4.57%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (153)
8.32%
Loneliness (182)
9.9%
Financial worries (75)
4.08%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (170)
9.24%
Exposure to negative news/social media (132)
7.18%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (161)
8.75%

Watched Threads