larajadebear
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I have just firmed my place at Lincoln for the Nottingham Medical Course (Lincoln Pathway), could anyone give me some advice for starting the course or pros/cons of life at Lincoln as a Med Student?! Much appreciated xx
Socrates08
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by larajadebear)
Hello, I have just firmed my place at Lincoln for the Nottingham Medical Course (Lincoln Pathway), could anyone give me some advice for starting the course or pros/cons of life at Lincoln as a Med Student?! Much appreciated xx
Lincoln is a great city make use of all the variety of restaurants, bars, clubs and entertainment going on it’ll allow you to really make yourself at home in the city and then hopefully you’ll enjoy yourself more
larajadebear
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Socrates08)
Lincoln is a great city make use of all the variety of restaurants, bars, clubs and entertainment going on it’ll allow you to really make yourself at home in the city and then hopefully you’ll enjoy yourself more
Fantastic! I’ve been looking online at it looks so much better than my home city(Nottingham) do you know of any Lincoln Medical students?
Socrates08
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Fantastic! I’ve been looking online at it looks so much better than my home city(Nottingham) do you know of any Lincoln Medical students?
You think lincoln is better than Nottingham? Wow I’ve never heard that before and I’ve got an offer from Lincoln and so has my friend shum1614
Mustafa0605
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You think lincoln is better than Nottingham? Wow I’ve never heard that before and I’ve got an offer from Lincoln and so has my friend shum1614
Of course it’s not better but it’s offers are much more achievable I guess
Socrates08
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mustafa0605)
I think OP means as a place rather than its university
shum1614
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
woahhh lincoln is better than Nottingham ?? hahah welll then guess gonna have to firm lincoln then !
shum1614
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mustafa0605)
the offer is the same for both notts and lincoln ?
Socrates08
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by shum1614)
the offer is the same for both notts and lincoln ?
Think he means to get an offer not to achieve the required grades
larajadebear
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
are you firming A10L?
Socrates08
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
are you firming A10L?
I’m probably gonna firm notts over Lincoln simply because I’ve lived in lincoln all my life and want to get out of my home town
larajadebear
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m probably gonna firm notts over Lincoln simply because I’ve lived in lincoln all my life and want to get out of my home town
Thats mad, I'm the opposite way around. I applied to Lincoln and Nottingham. I got an offer from Lincoln and rejection from Notts. Lincoln was my first because I've lived in Nottigham my whole life and I want a new city. Whats Lincoln like? would you recommend?
Socrates08
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thats mad, I'm the opposite way around. I applied to Lincoln and Nottingham. I got an offer from Lincoln and rejection from Notts. Lincoln was my first because I've lived in Nottigham my whole life and I want a new city. Whats Lincoln like? would you recommend?
It’s a good place in my opinion got a lot of good bars /variety of night clubs and some great shops in the city centre I’m slightly biased but I do like the city of Lincoln
UniOfLincolnStudent
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi larajadebear,

Congrats on firming! So I am not a medical student but I am a student rep so can answer your questions!
So I studied Biomedical Science for my undergraduate degree and now Microbiology for my postgraduate. Lincoln is such a lovely place, a good size (not too big and not too small) and has plenty to offer. This year is our first intake of medical students so there isn't many reviews out there but, I know a couple of medical students and they are so far really enjoying the course and are finding it really inclusive. For starting the course I would definitely make sure you prepare all your stuff to move in well in advance and make sure you have everything. Once your accommodation is confirmed on results day then you will be able to find your flat mates through social media pages and groups, then you can start to plan shared kitchen appliances so you don't all turn up with a kettle! Also, start revising from day 1, with medicine you will constantly encounter case studies which will help you practice and learn when it comes to placements.
The Medical School is currently a bunch of steel girders but will be beautiful when it is completed in 2021. But until then, several rooms across campus have been re-purposed specifically for you guys to use for your labs etc. You can view a virtual tour of the building here.
So far I have not heard any cons of studying medicine at Lincoln which should say how good it's going so far!

Best wishes for the future,
Lexy
4th year student rep and microbiology MSc student
xcarolinephilx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i just made it my firm choice too x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (139)
29.89%
No (326)
70.11%

Watched Threads