The Student Room Group

How can you be seen as more than a friend?

I feel like I'm fairly confident, outgoing and fun person, have loads of friends and know many girls within my social circle. However I find it hard to develop things further beyond a friendship, albeit I am quite inexperienced when it comes to this. What can I do to change that? Sometimes I feel my interactions with girls are too friendly on a platonic level and I need spice things up a bit. Any advice would be most welcome?
(edited 4 years ago)
"Do you want to go on a date with me?"

The way to change a person's perception of you is to be direct and make it clear that you are interested in them. That is the trigger to making someone stop and consciously think about whether or not they're prepared to give you a chance. My now-boyfriend hadn't considered us being together before I told him I liked him - but it ended up working out well for us. :h:
Original post by Justbeingmyself
I feel I'm fairly confident and outgoing and a fun person, have a loads of friends and know many girls within my social circle. However I find it hard to develop things further beyond a friendship, albeit I am quite inexperienced when it comes to this. What can I do to change that? Sometimes I feel my interactions with girls are too friendly on a platonic level and I need spice things up a bit. Any advice would be most welcome?

Probably best to be direct and tell them. However if that’s not really an option then I’d say drop slight hints such as physical contact like when you’re talking, longer hugs. Make her think of you as a potential. If she gives the vibe that she’s okay with it, move it on from there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending