The Student Room Group

9's in GCSE's

How do you get all 9's in GCSE's?
Original post by EnglishNOOb101
How do you get all 9's in GCSE's?

Someone legit asked the same question on another thread so I’ll just copy and paste my answer.

Make notes as you go along. This is so useful because by making revision resources on a certain topic after each lesson, will definitely be helpful in year 11. Ensure you review them after a week or so aswell.

Print out your spec. This is specifically for subjects like science. It’s vital to know what you need to know. The spec can also be used as a checklist because even in cgp textbooks, they always have some waffle in it that you don’t need to learn at all.

Once you’ve learnt all the content on a certain topic and have reviewed it all from your revision resources and are confident. Then I suggest you to do practice papers specifically on that topic. They can be found everywhere (I suggest physics and maths tutor for sciences). That way, you can identify which parts of the topic you need to review.

Once alllll the content has been reviewed, do every past paper out there. However, only do this in year 11 when you’re near exams.

And finally just relax. GCSE’s are a breeze and with the right revision, all 9’s is kinda achievable but ensure you don’t get burnt out and pressure yourself to get all 9’s.

Hope I helped ☺️
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by TeaselTurtle
Year 10, just do your work, revise for your mocks and tests, and generally stay on top of your stuff. Make sure you’re identifying your weak areas, and for the love of god do NOT lose your class notes or tests. File it away and keep it safe. That stuff becomes invaluable in Year 11. Be making notes as you go along and you’ll be just fine.
Year 11 is where it kicks in. When you get to Year 11, you need to really stay on top of your revision materials; start/continue making Quizlets, flashcards, posters, and start doing past papers and studying exemplars. Lean on your teachers and always ask questions. Get them to mark your essays/past papers, or ask them for past papers if you are struggling to find any.
But you’re in Year 10 right now. Chill out! This is your last opportunity to have a laugh. High school only happens once, and it gets harder from here. Take it in your stride, and look after your mental health above all else.

(I’m doing my A Levels this year and got all 9s apart from Geography which I got an 8 in)

Thank youu
Original post by Oluwadamilooolaa
Someone legit asked the same question on another thread so I’ll just copy and paste my answer.

Make notes as you go along. This is so useful because by making revision resources on a certain topic after each lesson, will definitely be helpful in year 11. Ensure you review them after a week or so aswell.

Print out your spec. This is specifically for subjects like science. It’s vital to know what you need to know. The spec can also be used as a checklist because even in cgp textbooks, they always have some waffle in it that you don’t need to learn at all.

Once you’ve learnt all the content on a certain topic and have reviewed it all from your revision resources and are confident. Then I suggest you to do practice papers specifically on that topic. They can be found everywhere (I suggest physics and maths tutor for sciences). That way, you can identify which parts of the topic you need to review.

Once alllll the content has been reviewed, do every past paper out there. However, only do this in year 11 when you’re near exams.

And finally just relax. GCSE’s are a breeze and with the right revision, all 9’s is kinda achievable but ensure you don’t get burnt out and pressure yourself to get all 9’s.

Hope I helped :smile:

Thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest