The Student Room Group

further maths general question (level 2)

hi guys. Just wondering, what happens if i decide to pick level 2 further maths at gcse level and get a bad grade? E.g. if someone got 6 grades at 7-9 and managed to somehow get a 2 in further maths, will they need to declare the extra further math grade in the future, or can they just forget about the whole thing altogether knowing it won't ever be a disadvantage to applications etc?
You will need to declare all qualifications in the future unless there's a policy they only look at a certain number of your highest grades but I dont know any so far. If you want to go to uni, you have to
you'll have to declare it regardless of what you get. i can't imagine a bad grade in gcse further maths will hinder you very much though.
Reply 3
Original post by PetitePanda
You will need to declare all qualifications in the future unless there's a policy they only look at a certain number of your highest grades but I dont know any so far. If you want to go to uni, you have to

Original post by entertainmyfaith
you'll have to declare it regardless of what you get. i can't imagine a bad grade in gcse further maths will hinder you very much though.

oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

MY TEACHER LIEDDD I HATE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by sam3439
oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

MY TEACHER LIEDDD I HATE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why, what did she tell you?:ninja:
Reply 5
why, what did she tell you?:ninja:

She said it doesnt matter if you get a bad grade; you simply dont have to declare it :frown:. I didnt get an amazing score in the further math mock but kind of wanted to do it so i had to talk to her specifically. Before doing so, i asked her the same question and because of the reponse she gave, i asked her to put my name down :frown::frown:. Oh well. Too late now...
Original post by sam3439
She said it doesnt matter if you get a bad grade; you simply dont have to declare it :frown:. I didnt get an amazing score in the further math mock but kind of wanted to do it so i had to talk to her specifically. Before doing so, i asked her the same question and because of the reponse she gave, i asked her to put my name down :frown::frown:. Oh well. Too late now...

have you already been entered for the exam then?
a bad mock grade doesn't necessarily mean you'll do poorly in the real thing!! you've still got lots of time to improve and practice :smile:
Reply 7
have you already been entered for the exam then?
a bad mock grade doesn't necessarily mean you'll do poorly in the real thing!! you've still got lots of time to improve and practice :smile:

haha thanks. I've done all the papers available since i got my mock back so hopefully ive improved. Thank you everyone!
You would declare it on your UCAS application, but that’s the only place. You wouldn’t have to put it on your CV or anything. I can’t realistically see any university caring about your GCSE further maths grade, even if you were applying for maths. It isn’t relevant at all.
Even if you do badly, it will help you in A level maths.

Quick Reply

Latest