Close friends and feeling cut off

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So to me the first year feels like its nearly over and if I'm honest I have never felt lonelier in my life. Don't get me wrong I'm lucky enough to have some amazing friends on my course and flatmates that I can actually stand being around but there isn't that one person who I feel comfortable talking about my problems with like back at college. Is this just temporary and takes time? To make it worse I feel increasingly separated from home friends both geographically but also that they are sort of replacing me with new close friendships. I dunno, maybe im just overthinking but I really don't want to go through my whole degree feeling cutoff
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
For many years of your life you've been surrounded with people you've grew up with your family etc and now you're away from your comfort zone, in my opinion it is normal to feel like this, but no need to worry the first year is always the hardest. I remember when I started it took me 8 months to even begin warming up to people in my lectures and even longer to open up to them. There's no time limit on how fast you need to feel comfortable to talk to someone it's at your life and at your pace; I imagine the other people are feeling the same way its a learning process and you'll get there in time.

As for your previous friendships at home, I'm confident that they aren't replacing you at all they are just moving on to their next chapter- that doesn't mean you're not in it but maybe you're on a different page and as the story unfolds you'll be there somewhere. When you go home arrange to meet them for a coffee to have a catch up go the cinema a theme park anywhere you guys can talk and laugh.
It may not seem like it but you've got this, life has a way of throwing things at us but life wouldn't throw anything at you that you couldn't handle. You're amazing and you're friends new and old love you.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Your* oops that what I get for rushing

(Original post by Anonymous)
For many years of your life you've been surrounded with people you've grew up with your family etc and now you're away from your comfort zone, in my opinion it is normal to feel like this, but no need to worry the first year is always the hardest. I remember when I started it took me 8 months to even begin warming up to people in my lectures and even longer to open up to them. There's no time limit on how fast you need to feel comfortable to talk to someone it's at your life and at your pace; I imagine the other people are feeling the same way its a learning process and you'll get there in time.

As for your previous friendships at home, I'm confident that they aren't replacing you at all they are just moving on to their next chapter- that doesn't mean you're not in it but maybe you're on a different page and as the story unfolds you'll be there somewhere. When you go home arrange to meet them for a coffee to have a catch up go the cinema a theme park anywhere you guys can talk and laugh.
It may not seem like it but you've got this, life has a way of throwing things at us but life wouldn't throw anything at you that you couldn't handle. You're amazing and you're friends new and old love you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.75%
No (646)
65.25%

Watched Threads