The Student Room Group

Guys I have a problem

My girlfriend hits me really hard whenever things don’t work her way or she loses an argument. I have never hit her back. Should I hit her back? I tried breaking up, but she always comes back to me crying.
Abuse in any form in a relationship is not acceptable, it's toxic. I get you tried breaking up with her, is there nothing else you can do like talk to her friends her mum even her at this point if they don't believe you gather evidence and record it. She shouldn't be hitting you whether things go her way or not.

Unfortunately when a man hits a woman back he is in the wrong and that's not how it should be but it's the way of the world. You need to get out of that situation before she hits you and does some damage or you hit her back and she twists the narrative and plays victim.
She is an abuser who cares if she's crying. I'm sure there are great parts to your relationship but the abuse will only get worse unless it's nipped in the bud.

You can only make the decision and you need to ask yourself how long you can put up with this abuse before you snap, and if she's actually worth all the hitting you receive.
I wish you the best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest