The Student Room Group

What’s something that gets an unnecessary amount of hate?

Scroll to see replies

millennials
Extra hot beef phal :perv:
Reply 42
Original post by David Getling
Harry and Meghan deserve it!

nah. not the insane amount of hate they get.
Transgender people
Reply 44
Original post by FemaleinDress
i will start with

WWE wrestling - we get it , its scripted , no need to keep saying that.

Me(!)
Original post by Rave1128
Whats that got to do with racism?

The OP said that megam and harry deserve the hate towards them (hate is a bit of a strong word).

I elaborated by saying its due to the way they act, and more recently the hypocrisy of wanting out of the royal limelight, but still wanting to use their connection to the royal family to make money e.g. Sussexroyal TM.

You said its because people (including me and the other guy) are racist.

you still havent given one piece of evidence that shows that anyone is being racist toward Megan. Only that the Media appear not to not like her.

Do you not see piers Morgan behaviour on GMB as racist?

The OP said that megam and harry deserve the hate towards them (hate is a bit of a strong word).

I elaborated by saying its due to the way they act, and more recently the hypocrisy of wanting out of the royal limelight, but still wanting to use their connection to the royal family to make money e.g. Sussexroyal TM.

you still havent given one piece of evidence that shows that anyone is being racist toward Megan. Only that the Media appear not to not like her.

The press have said Megan markle has "exotic DNA" and compared their son to a chimpanzee. you don't see that as racist?
Having an opinion

For existing?
Original post by AmberDalia
They are not trying to be victims. They want to go on to live their own lives without being attached to the royal. With Harry saying himself the media killed his mum. & they're doing the same to Meghan cause she's not white. Harry's dad gives him money not their titles.
Don't understand the obsession of royals and them remaining traditional anyways. Weird.

Just so you know I haven't done much research into this and so take what I'm saying as an opinion and not facts.

What annoys people is that we pay for a large portion of their lives. Their holidays, their cars, their security etc. I think most people would be fine of they left the royal family but they would have to go there own way. No nice cars on the tax payer, no holidays alway, no security provided by us you gotta do it yourself.

Also I know a lot of there money comes from land etc but a lot still comes from tax payers.
Original post by Capitalist_Lamb
Just so you know I haven't done much research into this and so take what I'm saying as an opinion and not facts.

What annoys people is that we pay for a large portion of their lives. Their holidays, their cars, their security etc. I think most people would be fine of they left the royal family but they would have to go there own way. No nice cars on the tax payer, no holidays alway, no security provided by us you gotta do it yourself.

Also I know a lot of there money comes from land etc but a lot still comes from tax payers.

This is a fundamental misunderstanding of how royal money works.

The figures are a little out of date but the principal of how royal money works remains unchanged.

Here come the lowkey racists and righties...
whats it got to do with racism?

Yes its up to Charles whi he gives his money to.

The point i make is that Harry and Megan are hypocrites. They want to be non-royal, but still make money of their royal titles.

Also, in a wider context, the money Charles gets and subsequently guves to Harry, is because Charles is royal. He was given the land for being R O Y A L.
Not because he is a business man and bought small farm and built it up into a big billion pound business. No, he was given half of the UK becuase of his birth.

Therefore by taking money from his dad, he is still being supoorted by the royal family.

also, i will make the point again. nothing to do woth racism at all.

Sorry to intervene but last I checked u inherit titles by being born, not by performing royal tasks. Ppl should have a right to do what they want and not have to forsake a title they were given because they don’t want to live like puppets. As harry said the government doesn’t own the word ‘Royal’ and he’s certainly still a prince 💀

There are so many instances of racism between kate and Meghan lol

https://twitter.com/dabeard/status/1217095909332475904?s=21

https://twitter.com/jeffreyluscombe/status/1216793498243997696?s=21
(edited 4 years ago)

I’ve given u some links, enjoy them. Ppl say its her attitude but she doesn’t do anything lmao, they just didn’t like her race and found then exaggerated other ways to tie their dislike
Dairy
Omnivores
Original post by Sammylou40
Banging on about climate change and taking three flights in a private jet in a week
I could go on

It’s quite funny you mention this because they offset the Carbon quota by planting trees so the gases the private jets create are irrelevant so that completely negates ur whole point?
Scenario for you, if your flatmate stole ur bottle of pepsi then bought a new one and put it back would it matter? No. U got ur pepsi, nothing was lost and nothing gained. Now if they didn’t buy another one that would be a different story entirely. Do you see the situation?
They are doing their part and MORE to assist the community. And it’s quite funny how William also gave several climate change speeches but nobody seemed to hold him to the same strict scrutiny as meghan harry. I wonder why.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/01/prince-william-unveils-earthshot-prize-to-tackle-climate-crisis

https://www.onegreenplanet.org/environment/prince-william-positive-conversations-climate-change/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-50068645 (this one’s my fav, how ironic calling for climate change action while on a holiday you took a private jet to get to, but oh well guess the public will sweep that under a rug🥴)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/amp29252216/prince-harry-prince-william-climate-change/
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by nathan_nacu
It’s quite funny you mention this because they offset the Carbon quota by planting trees so the gases the private jets create are irrelevant so that completely negates ur whole point?

Planting trees does not offset carbon because the carbon cycle is a cycle, so in the short term the tree will "sink" the carbon but it does not eliminate it. Once the tree dies and decays that carbon will once again be released and so the cycle continues.
The European Union.
Original post by DiddyDec
Planting trees does not offset carbon because the carbon cycle is a cycle, so in the short term the tree will "sink" the carbon but it does not eliminate it. Once the tree dies and decays that carbon will once again be released and so the cycle continues.

Photosynthesis is the only arrow that points down in the cycle, it certainly does make a difference than just using the private jets, doing nothing and talking climate change like William but oh well 🥴 at least he’s doing sth now
Original post by English2001
Transgender people

Lgbtq+ people in general really

Quick Reply

Latest