Is it normal for women to ask men their height?

Watch
niloomiloo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Someone randomly asked me today without much relevance to the conversation, so I am curious.
Do you find this normal or shallow?
LJ234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well how tall are you? It really depends on the height...
niloomiloo
Rep:
?
(Original post by LJ234)
Well how tall are you? It really depends on the height...
It depends on my height whether the question is shallow?
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Are you particularly tall?
niloomiloo
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV)
Are you particularly tall?
No, average.
XOR_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LJ234)
Well how tall are you?
:lol:
LJ234
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by niloomiloo)
It depends on my height whether the question is shallow?
Well sometimes women are just curious to know- it's interesting accumulating information like this. However, some women are attracted to taller men, but I don't think it's shallow if you are turned off by a smaller height since it's all down to preference. Some women might prefer shorter men or vice versa, and others don't care about height. If they're just curious, it's nothing to worry about.
niloomiloo
Rep:
?
(Original post by LJ234)
Well sometimes women are just curious to know- it's interesting accumulating information like this. However, some women are attracted to taller men, but I don't think it's shallow if you are turned off by a smaller height since it's all down to preference. Some women might prefer shorter men or vice versa, and others don't care about height. If they're just curious, it's nothing to worry about.
I'm not talking about having preferences. I am asking whether this is a rude question to ask.
Some men can have weight preferences on women, won't you consider that rude to ask about it?
LJ234
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by niloomiloo)
I'm not talking about having preferences. I am asking whether this is a rude question to ask.
Some men can have weight preferences on women, won't you consider that rude to ask about it?
Well if it's that much of an issue for you you don't have to answer. It's not exactly like your height can be helped. Perhaps the circumstance in which she asked was a little weird, but overall I personally don't think it's rude.
niloomiloo
Rep:
?
(Original post by LJ234)
Well if it's that much of an issue for you you don't have to answer. It's not exactly like your height can be helped. Perhaps the circumstance in which she asked was a little weird, but overall I personally don't think it's rude.
I'm not trying to push a narrative here to get things clear. I'm just trying to find out whether other guys get asked this too. I'll reshape my view and regard it normal then.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't ask, because when I meet a man I can tell if he's smaller or taller than me.
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My friend's 6'4''-6'5'' and gets asked this question by girls quite frequently (I'm 5'7''-5'8'' and have never been asked how tall I'm).
Last edited by FakeNewsEditor; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (98)
61.64%
No (61)
38.36%

Watched Threads