Should I reject a University that isn't getting back to me?

Watch
renaamz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
#1
Hi I'm Amy.
I applied to my 5 universities about 2 months ago and I have offers from my firm and my insurance, and 2others but one university(which is bottom on my list) hasn't responded yet, should I just reject the university to accept my offers or should I just wait and be a bit patient?
0
reply
Chlomitch
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
#2
Report 4 weeks ago
#2
I reckon withdraw your choice for that one if you know you’re not gunna want to go there
0
reply
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#3
Report 4 weeks ago
#3
There’s no benefit to picking a firm on Track early.

Wait until April.
0
reply
Em060715
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
#4
Report 4 weeks ago
#4
If you have two other universities that you want to go too, and you're just waiting to accept them then it's a matter of whether you want to know if the last university would offer you a place, or not. If you 100% aren't planning to attend the university you're waiting on, then reject it - or wait it out just to see if you would have received 5 offers. It's an ego boost yknow.
2
reply
Admit-One
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
#5
Report 4 weeks ago
#5
If you receive five offers you almost certainly didn’t aim high enough.

As above, I would wait, there’s no advantage in picking now.
1
reply
Bluebells602003
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
#6
Report 4 weeks ago
#6
My daughter was in a similar position to you and she was going to withdraw her final choice as she heard from the ones she wanted but by chance she heard that day she was about to withdraw..lol. If your sure you aren’t considering that choice then there’s no harm in withdrawing but apart from accommodation choosing that’s the only reason some people form early.😊good luck
1
reply
renaamz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
#7
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
#7
(Original post by Bluebells602003)
My daughter was in a similar position to you and she was going to withdraw her final choice as she heard from the ones she wanted but by chance she heard that day she was about to withdraw..lol. If your sure you aren’t considering that choice then there’s no harm in withdrawing but apart from accommodation choosing that’s the only reason some people form early.😊good luck
That's what I was thinking, maybe waiting until accommodation opens and if they still havent got back to me withdrawing because I don't want to miss out on accommodation.
0
reply
Admit-One
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
#8
Report 4 weeks ago
#8
Unless they’ve specifically stated accommodation is first come first served, you won’t miss out by not applying as soon as applications open.

Whilst you are waiting for a response, check the accommodation pages for your other choices for the application dates and selection methods.
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (231)
60.95%
No (79)
20.84%
Not sure (69)
18.21%

Watched Threads

View All