The Student Room Group

Std

guys,

So basically I broke up with my boyfriend for 6 months. Within that time I had sex with someone I was seeing, I regularly got check ups in this time . In the 6 months we broke up I was seeing this guy for 3 months round late novémber i stopped seeing him and in December my ex came back ! Me and my ex then started seeing each other he said he was having issues going toilet so we went clinic! Next minute we get the results and I tested positive for chlamydia and he tested negative! He broke up with me even though I told him I can cure it in 7 days . Would you guys have done the same? Or do you think it’s immature he doesn’t want to see me again I even have him a valentines present which he refused it’s not my fault the first person I was seeing wasn’t honest with me what do I do
He broke up with you when you tested positive for chlamydia?? Looooooooooooooool 🤣😂
tbf its not your fault that you guys broke up. Its absolutely fine if you were seeing another person when you guys werent together. Its not your fault that other guy lied.
Reply 3
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
He broke up with you when you tested positive for chlamydia?? Looooooooooooooool 🤣😂

Do you think he should have stayed with me? Me personally yes as it could be cured in a week
Reply 4
Original post by shohaib712
tbf its not your fault that you guys broke up. Its absolutely fine if you were seeing another person when you guys werent together. Its not your fault that other guy lied.

Thank you but yh it’s over now
Original post by Anastasie
Do you think he should have stayed with me? Me personally yes as it could be cured in a week

he isnt worth your time if hes going to be judgemental about your sex life outside of your relationship. Its his fault for breaking up with you in the first place. I think its better getting your health sorted then look for someone better and more committed to you imo.
Reply 6
he isnt worth your time if hes going to be judgemental about your sex life outside of your relationship. Its his fault for breaking up with you in the first place. I think its better getting your health sorted then look for someone better and more committed to you imo.

It's more that she could have infected him rather than that she slept with other people. That's my take on it anyway.
Original post by Bio 7
It's more that she could have infected him rather than that she slept with other people. That's my take on it anyway.

But she wasnt aware of it tho
Tbh I'd break up with a partner if I discovered they had an std. Like, if we took a break and he got an std during that break and we got back together. I wouldn't be with someone who had an std.
Reply 9
But she wasnt aware of it tho

Lack of responsibility in testing herself.

STDs aren't new. If you're having sex with multiple partners then you should be responsible about it.
guys,

So basically I broke up with my boyfriend for 6 months. Within that time I had sex with someone I was seeing, I regularly got check ups in this time . In the 6 months we broke up I was seeing this guy for 3 months round late novémber i stopped seeing him and in December my ex came back ! Me and my ex then started seeing each other he said he was having issues going toilet so we went clinic! Next minute we get the results and I tested positive for chlamydia and he tested negative! He broke up with me even though I told him I can cure it in 7 days . Would you guys have done the same? Or do you think it’s immature he doesn’t want to see me again I even have him a valentines present which he refused it’s not my fault the first person I was seeing wasn’t honest with me what do I do

I think from his perspective he's rather angry that you perhaps didnt ask, the other guy maybe its underlying jealousy that you simply had sex with another guy? could be a mixture of problems but I think he's angry because you weren't careful enough.. However, like you said it wasn't your fault, these things happen certain people lie and pass it on I'm afraid ;/ and I'm sorry that this has happened to you. My best bet, is let him go, I think he just needs to calm down, focus on your recovery first, and start to become healthy if that's the right word again. Once you're better let him know, see what he says. And go from there.

It could just be that he's angry and needs time to cool off, or he still doesn't want a relationship with you, which I'm afraid you're just gonna have to accept, and try and move on :redface: please do be careful next time x
Reply 11
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
I think from his perspective he's rather angry that you perhaps didnt ask, the other guy maybe its underlying jealousy that you simply had sex with another guy? could be a mixture of problems but I think he's angry because you weren't careful enough.. However, like you said it wasn't your fault, these things happen certain people lie and pass it on I'm afraid ;/ and I'm sorry that this has happened to you. My best bet, is let him go, I think he just needs to calm down, focus on your recovery first, and start to become healthy if that's the right word again. Once you're better let him know, see what he says. And go from there.

It could just be that he's angry and needs time to cool off, or he still doesn't want a relationship with you, which I'm afraid you're just gonna have to accept, and try and move on :redface: please do be careful next time x

I totally agree with you this helps a lot, maybe he’s just angry I’ve been with someone else
I totally agree with you this helps a lot, maybe he’s just angry I’ve been with someone else

Or maybe he doesn't want to continue contact because you have chlamydia??
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
Or maybe he doesn't want to continue contact because you have chlamydia??

It’s been cured lol
It’s been cured lol

Hey don't explain it to me, explain it to him. I'm just throwing out possible reasons.
I'd probabaly not want to go back with someone who had an std. Would kind of leave a bad taste in the mouth. (metaphorically speaking there)

yes I mean can you blame him for that but then again it isn't your fault, it's not like you slept with 100 men carelessly
Reply 16
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
yes I mean can you blame him for that but then again it isn't your fault, it's not like you slept with 100 men carelessly

Yes it was one person, thank you just he wasn’t honest with me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending