Which further education/ post-compulsory education course is best?

Watch
someone-help-me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone!

I would like to one day teach English in a post-compulsory setting and so I have applied to the following courses:

- PGDE in Further Education at Liverpool Hope
- PGCE in Post-Compulsory Education and Training (with English and Literacy) at Nottingham Trent
- PGCE in Post-Compulsory Education at Oxford Brookes
- PGCE in Further Education and Training at Edge Hill

I am unsure about which course would be the best. Right now I'm definitely swaying towards Liverpool Hope for its location and for the potential Masters credits, however I'm still unsure about how I would rank the other three. Did anyone study any of these courses? If so, I would love to hear about your experiences, whether they were positive or negative!

Thanks
Get into Teaching
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by someone-help-me)
Hi everyone!

I would like to one day teach English in a post-compulsory setting and so I have applied to the following courses:

- PGDE in Further Education at Liverpool Hope
- PGCE in Post-Compulsory Education and Training (with English and Literacy) at Nottingham Trent
- PGCE in Post-Compulsory Education at Oxford Brookes
- PGCE in Further Education and Training at Edge Hill

I am unsure about which course would be the best. Right now I'm definitely swaying towards Liverpool Hope for its location and for the potential Masters credits, however I'm still unsure about how I would rank the other three. Did anyone study any of these courses? If so, I would love to hear about your experiences, whether they were positive or negative!

Thanks
Hello someone-help-me

There is no standard or mandatory requirements for FE teaching. As a result each college has their own essential and desirable recruitment criteria. Therefore, have a look at the job descriptions of the jobs in the colleges local to you, that will hopefully help you to make a choice.

This might be a good resource for you too - https://www.feadvice.org.uk/

All the very best of luck

Jane
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (281)
33.94%
No (547)
66.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed