The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

University of Portsmouth or Swansea University

I am wanting to study law at either uni.

Swansea- higher in ranking for law by 4 places. Higher in ranking overall by 12.
Portsmouth- better modules and location.

For law should I choose based on ranking or what Uni I like the most?
Original post by Patrick_YT
I am wanting to study law at either uni.

Swansea- higher in ranking for law by 4 places. Higher in ranking overall by 12.
Portsmouth- better modules and location.

For law should I choose based on ranking or what Uni I like the most?

Hi Patrick!

Although I don't study law, I know how difficult it can be deciding where to go! When I was deciding between two universities, I thought hard about which place I felt more at 'home', which campus I preferred, the location in general, and what the city had to offer etc. I also looked over the units as well to make sure there were options I liked and knew I would enjoy. I think these things are really important to look at because you will be spending 3+ years wherever you choose and if you don't enjoy the area or subjects taught, you might not enjoy university as much as you expected/could! I know a lot of people who chose universities they weren't fully invested in, and either haven't enjoyed their time as much or have dropped out.

I hope that helped! If you have any specific questions about Portsmouth please feel free to ask! :smile:

Courtney - Official Student Rep :smile:
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending