The Student Room Group

How Are AAA and AAB considered in the UK?

I’m Italian and I passed the maturità with 94/100 which is comparable to AAA and AAB (depends on the university). Are they good or what?
Thx to whoever will answer
Those would be considered good results. Depending on exacty what subjects you're looking at they will get you into a lot of good universities, if not the very top ones.
Reply 2
Thank you, regarding the grades idk I mean it’s very different in Italy. I studied languages but I have also done scientific subjects and I applied for science courses. My grades are:
9/10 in Maths which would be A I guess
9/10 in Physics (same)
8/10 in Science (in Italy biology and chemistry are considered the same subject) which is a B+ or a B I guess...

Last year I had:
10/10 in Maths = A*
9/10 in Physics= A
9/10 in Science= A

I applied to UCL, KCL, and Royal Holloway... with AAA and these grades (but not a very beautiful ps) how many chances do u think I have?
Original post by Joe1000000
Those would be considered good results. Depending on exacty what subjects you're looking at they will get you into a lot of good universities, if not the very top ones.
Original post by Frafiglio
Thank you, regarding the grades idk I mean it’s very different in Italy. I studied languages but I have also done scientific subjects and I applied for science courses. My grades are:
9/10 in Maths which would be A I guess
9/10 in Physics (same)
8/10 in Science (in Italy biology and chemistry are considered the same subject) which is a B+ or a B I guess...

Last year I had:
10/10 in Maths = A*
9/10 in Physics= A
9/10 in Science= A

I applied to UCL, KCL, and Royal Holloway... with AAA and these grades (but not a very beautiful ps) how many chances do u think I have?

It is difficult to comment on overseas exams as I dont know how these compare with our exams but UCL normally require A*AA or higher Kings AAA and Royal Holloway AAB or ABB dependent on the courses you want to study

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending