What happens after someone claims on my insurance?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I got into an accident today and it was completely my fault and I have accepted full liability. It was a slow movement crash so there was a dent on the other persons car and my front bumper was dented and light smashed. However, what happens now I have told my insurance and he claims off it? I am worried that they might claim for things like whiplash even though it was a slow moving crash? Also I had a hire car company call me to confirm my statement as the guy has used them? Why would he use a hire car just for a dent? I am so worried so any help would be great
Legalguidance101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey, here is a bit of information that may help you,
For the victim to claim whiplash, he will need to have proof from their doctor or hospital, so medical proof is required before any claim can be made, regarding your insurance he will not be liable to a pay-out as it was a hire car, so the hire company will receive your payout, to repair any damages made to the car, but on the contrary he may well loose his deposit (a small fee that is paid before you get the car, but get back when the car is returned).

I wouldn't worry too much as your insurance will take care of everything from, whiplash claims to everything else that happened.

I hope this helps,
Many Thanks
Legal Guidance
martin7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I got into an accident today and it was completely my fault and I have accepted full liability. It was a slow movement crash so there was a dent on the other persons car and my front bumper was dented and light smashed. However, what happens now I have told my insurance and he claims off it? I am worried that they might claim for things like whiplash even though it was a slow moving crash? Also I had a hire car company call me to confirm my statement as the guy has used them? Why would he use a hire car just for a dent? I am so worried so any help would be great
Have you reported the accident to your insurers? Your policy almost certainly requires you to. (It will almost certainly require you not to admit liability too).

My understanding is that you shouldn't be dealing with the hire car company either -- they should be talking to your insurers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads