crash higher economics, business or politics?

Watch this thread
idkwhatimdoin
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I'm currently making my choices for s5, and i am dropping most of my nat 5 courses so need some new ones.

This year i took: maths, english, physics, chemistry, graphics and art. I've gotten all A1's in my prelims
I am going to drop english, graphics and art, as i hate them and they are my worst subjects.

I want to hopefully do biomedical engineering or biochemistry at uni in america, so i am carrying on with maths, chemistry, physics and i am crashing higher human biology. These should be good subjects to get into a uni course with?? This leaves me with a free space so i want to crash a different higher to broaden my qualifications a bit, and because i want a subject essay based as the essay part of english is by far my strong suit.

Which seems like a better option: economics, politics or business. They all interest me a lot, just wondering if anyone has a bit of info about the highers, and any expierience crashing them?? what might seem best to american universities?

Thanks x
username4490612
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I don’t know economics and politics because they are not offered at my school.

You should crash business as many people in my class crash it, and you don’t really need to know anything from nat 5 as nat 5 and higher are same but some stuff is new. It’s easy but you need to take into the account the command words as they are important.

Hope it helps
username4250206
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Politics is almost entirely essays/long response questions (but more fact based than English I think)If you have a genuine interest in politics go for it, it is definitely doable in S5 as one of my friends is doing it with no experience in modern studies, though if you have no interest in it do not do it. Plus there is no N5 for politics (at least in my school) so everyone is crashing it.
Though if you are already going to crash biology your school might not let you crash another, and if you are getting A1s in your prelims highers shouldn't be too much of a stretch and English is sometimes wanted by Unis at higher if you change your mind about a sciences course.
aingidh
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
If you've never done Modern Studies or History, don't do Politics.That was my mistake at the start of this year. I'd only done N5 History, and the essay style and content of Politics was just far, far too different to what I'd already done.

Everyone I know says Business is an easy crash Higher. Hell, I even got an A in N5 and I didn't even try in the exam.
username4490612
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
The only thing I’d recommend when crashing business is not to trust teachers who say that you need higher english in order to crash it (my head of business, admin etc said to crash business you need higher english and for admin you need higher maths (OMEGALUL)) because this is bullcrap and not true.

But if you are crashing business then for assignment you would need to write about a business and analyse it (e.g marketing mix of Apple or Corporate social responsibility of Costa etc) If you want me to give you extra help then let me know and I’ll try to help you
idkwhatimdoin
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks guys, I was allowed to crash any of them if i wanted so i chose politics hopefully it goes well, thanks for the help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed