The Student Room Group

Law at Uni of Bristol vs Uni of Leeds???

Help with​ choosing between Bristol and Leeds for law? I literally can’t make my mind up, neither were originally my first choice but I wouldn’t mind going to them but I just can’t choose. Opinions would be sosososo helpful! X
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by hmevey
Help with choosing between Bristol and Leeds for law? I literally can’t make my mind up, neither were originally my first choice but I wouldn’t mind going to them but I just can’t choose. Opinions would be sosososo helpful! X

Bristol have a high suicide rate, go nottingham :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Socrates08
Bristol have a high suicide rate, go nottingham :smile:

Haha I wish nottingham gave me criminology which I don’t want to do so that’s no longer an option lmao it’s either Bristol, Leeds or Liverpool atm
Original post by hmevey
Haha I wish nottingham gave me criminology which I don’t want to do so that’s no longer an option lmao it’s either Bristol, Leeds or Liverpool atm

Now it gets difficult haha check the rankings then student satisfaction and finally job prospects laws very Saturated with great lawyers so it’s important you pick the right uni :smile:
Reply 4
Now it gets difficult haha check the rankings then student satisfaction and finally job prospects laws very Saturated with great lawyers so it’s important you pick the right uni :smile:

That’s true. I think Bristol is best for job prospects but I just hear a lot of stereotypes about it that put me off. I feel like Nottingham would have been perfect but my lnat was below their cut off apparently
Original post by hmevey
That’s true. I think Bristol is best for job prospects but I just hear a lot of stereotypes about it that put me off. I feel like Nottingham would have been perfect but my lnat was below their cut off apparently

Deffo try to ignore stereotypes and look at the facts if it’s a better uni it’s a better uni, and unlucky at least you’ve deffo got offers though you only need one at the end of the day :smile: I’m doing medicine and I’m thankful af for even one offer, deffo check nightlife and external things from the uni as well
Reply 6
Deffo try to ignore stereotypes and look at the facts if it’s a better uni it’s a better uni, and unlucky at least you’ve deffo got offers though you only need one at the end of the day :smile: I’m doing medicine and I’m thankful af for even one offer, deffo check nightlife and external things from the uni as well

Thank you, that’s been helpful :smile:
I would pick Leeds since it sounds like you would be more nervous than excited about starting at Bristol. The difference in prestige is not high and going to Leeds will not hold you back when it comes to applying to training contracts etc. The main factors will be your grades and relevant work experience, not whether you went to Bristol or Leeds
Reply 8
Original post by harrysbar
I would pick Leeds since it sounds like you would be more nervous than excited about starting at Bristol. The difference in prestige is not high and going to Leeds will not hold you back when it comes to applying to training contracts etc. The main factors will be your grades and relevant work experience, not whether you went to Bristol or Leeds

That is very true, thank you. I’ve been to the Bristol offer day i think I should go to the Leeds one also before I make my choice because stupidly I had my heart set on just one uni and didn’t fully think about my other options before putting them down
Original post by hmevey
That is very true, thank you. I’ve been to the Bristol offer day i think I should go to the Leeds one also before I make my choice because stupidly I had my heart set on just one uni and didn’t fully think about my other options before putting them down

Definitely go to the Leeds Open Day before making up your mind - it may well make the decision a lot easier and make you feel more confident that you are doing the right thing in whichever one you end up chooing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending