heyitshypno
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, in Easter I begin my EPQ. I'm currently in my first year of A-Levels and I was unable to do Film Studies as a course but I do Media and Psychology and an IT BTEC. I have no clue what to do Any help would be appreciated! I have previously wondered whether studying specific directors would be an option but I have no idea (I'm a fan of David Fincher and Edgar Wright). Thanks !!
Last edited by heyitshypno; 1 year ago
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
anton.od
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm currently doing an EPQ in law and films, so studying whether films like To Kill a Mockingbird or 12 Angry Men accurately represent the american legal system. You could make comparisons between american and british film, and be able to use Edgar Wright's films as a representative. His three british films, Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, The World's End can be contrasted with his american produced films like Baby Driver and Scott Pilgrim as well as writing Ant-Man. Shaun of the Dead is a good example of a british film that has a lot of intertextuality from American films, such as Romero's zombie films. His first feature A Fistful of Fingers is a Western filmed in Somerset so a discussion about that could be quite interesting. If your EPQ isnt supposed to be finished for some time you could wait for his new film Last Night in Soho in September, which you could relate to Fincher's thrillers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (77)
29.28%
No (186)
70.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed