Gcse combined -triple help

Watch this thread
username5135574
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm currently in year 10 in (A3) my sets are from B4(lowest)-B1. A4- A1(highest).

I have my gcse ppe 1 mocks in june. im doing gcse higher combined science but i want to do triple.People in A1 and A2 cheat in their exams as one person took their exam home and got the answers and uploaded it on social media and everyone in higher sets got hold of it .

if i do well in my ppe mocks will they put me up to A1 in science or is it too late to do triple ?
Рохан
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Hi are you able to help me by spending 5 mins on these questions:
1. Are you aware of what schizophrenia is?(Yes/No)
2. Do you think schizophrenia links to violent crimes committed?(Yes/No) Why?
3. Is there enough help for people with schizophrenia?(Yes/No)
4. Do you think that these people with this health issue are able to control their actions?(Yes/No) Why?
5. Is there enough funding for schizophrenia?(Yes/No/Not Sure) How can we make available funds?
spicy_ipad
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Chumter)
I'm currently in year 10 in (A3) my sets are from B4(lowest)-B1. A4- A1(highest).

I have my gcse ppe 1 mocks in june. im doing gcse higher combined science but i want to do triple.People in A1 and A2 cheat in their exams as one person took their exam home and got the answers and uploaded it on social media and everyone in higher sets got hold of it .

if i do well in my ppe mocks will they put me up to A1 in science or is it too late to do triple ?
Ask your teacher, its probably not due to being not smart enough but there is a lot of extra content with physics and chemistry in separate which they might have already gone through.
username5135574
Rep:
(Original post by spicy_ipad)
Ask your teacher, its probably not due to being not smart enough but there is a lot of extra content with physics and chemistry in separate which they might have already gone through.
i can teach myself the content at home and i also have a tuition teacher if that helps
MakesSense
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 years ago

It's a little bit too late because I used to be in combined when I was year 9 but I switched to tripe in year 10 because I did really good in my Year 9 End of Year exam. So what I suggest is do well in PPE mocks and then see if your teacher allows you to move up. However, even though you moved up, don't assume that you'll be as good as others because you've basically missed a year or two of triple stuff like (Eyes, Brains, etc), so make sure you catch up as soon as possible. For now, just work on doing well in your mocks. Good luck!
username5135574
Rep:
(Original post by MakesSense)
It's a little bit too late because I used to be in combined when I was year 9 but I switched to tripe in year 10 because I did really good in my Year 9 End of Year exam. So what I suggest is do well in PPE mocks and then see if your teacher allows you to move up. However, even though you moved up, don't assume that you'll be as good as others because you've basically missed a year or two of triple stuff like (Eyes, Brains, etc), so make sure you catch up as soon as possible. For now, just work on doing well in your mocks. Good luck!
Thanks , but the marking on my test was very wrong. Our whole class got WT+ ?.
I think i just have bad luck
spicy_ipad
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
i can teach myself the content at home and i also have a tuition teacher if that helps
Yeah that should be fine then, you'll probably still have to tell your school about it so they can enter you into the right exam, hopefully they'll let you! Good luck
username5135574
Rep:
Yeah that should be fine then, you'll probably still have to tell your school about it so they can enter you into the right exam, hopefully they'll let you! Good luck
just found out i got a grade 8 in my year 10 mock "mock"

I have to learn all topics for all subjects for my year 10 mock tests . Shall i start now , the tests are in 4 months , others are revising in 2 months, i want 7's ...
spicy_ipad
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
just found out i got a grade 8 in my year 10 mock "mock"

I have to learn all topics for all subjects for my year 10 mock tests . Shall i start now , the tests are in 4 months , others are revising in 2 months, i want 7's ...
Well done! GCSEs can be pretty tough to do well in all of them since there's so many subjects (is it 8 or 9 different subjects I think?) so I think you'll find it easier if you can start revising as soon as possible. I started doing more casual revision about 3-4 months before, and then about 2 months before I did a lot more. It's a bit different for everyone so you'll have to see how confident you feel for each subject. My advice would be don't listen to the kids who say 'oh I'm not revising hahah' because I GUARANTEE they actually are.
username5135574
Rep:
Well done! GCSEs can be pretty tough to do well in all of them since there's so many subjects (is it 8 or 9 different subjects I think?) so I think you'll find it easier if you can start revising as soon as possible. I started doing more casual revision about 3-4 months before, and then about 2 months before I did a lot more. It's a bit different for everyone so you'll have to see how confident you feel for each subject. My advice would be don't listen to the kids who say 'oh I'm not revising hahah' because I GUARANTEE they actually are.
if you mind , what did you get in your gcse's ?
spicy_ipad
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
if you mind , what did you get in your gcse's ?
I got a 7, four 8s and four 9s. :P
username5135574
Rep:
Nice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads