Post-GCSE Civil Service Work Experience

Watch
DylanMCNP
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm in year eleven so my GCSEs are this summer. I'm going to college to do three A-Levels, but after that, I want to apply for the Civil Service Fast Track Policy Apprenticeship. I eventually intend to join the Diplomatic Service via the Fast Streamers but understand that the chances of rejection are high.
I'd like to do some work experience during the extended summer holidays to boost my chances of getting into the Fast Track, only I'm not sure what type of placement would be best for a future Civil Service career.

I live in Manchester so I would imagine that my best bet would be something within the City Council or Combined Authority, but I don't know how I'd go about arranging that or who I'd speak to. The only Civil Service work experience schemes I can find are for undergraduate students, not post-GCSE students, but there could be something I'm not aware of.

Has anyone got any advice or recommendations? Much appreciated.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can ask through email or call if you could do a week of work experience or shadowing. However, don't be disappointed if they don't let you since insurance and stuff like that but there might be one that could so it's worth trying. Good luck
DylanMCNP
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
You can ask through email or call if you could do a week of work experience or shadowing. However, don't be disappointed if they don't let you since insurance and stuff like that but there might be one that could so it's worth trying. Good luck
Thanks! Who should I speak to?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DylanMCNP)
Thanks! Who should I speak to?
You could ask your school if they have any contact involving what you wanna do
Poooky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The Ministry of Justice do work experience for school students - have a look at their outreach schemes!
DylanMCNP
Rep:
?
(Original post by Poooky)
The Ministry of Justice do work experience for school students - have a look at their outreach schemes!
Thanks, I'll look into it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads