Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I wanted to camp with my friend as like a weekend break. We found a house with a front yard with lawn so we thought perfect and we stayed there last night. This morning we just wanted a bru so I knocked on and said could we plug our kettle into the house to our tent but the guy was getting all funny saying why is this tent here. The guy kept saying that we went on his property without asking him there for Im tresspassing and he was asking for rent or he said hell call the police. Ive just come home now but I dont know why hes being funny, like call the police, what are they going to do and asking for rent, ive not costed him anything.

Can anyone reccomend me anything at all?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I wanted to camp with my friend as like a weekend break. We found a house with a front yard with lawn so we thought perfect and we stayed there last night. This morning we just wanted a bru so I knocked on and said could we plug our kettle into the house to our tent but the guy was getting all funny saying why is this tent here. The guy kept saying that we went on his property without asking him there for Im tresspassing and he was asking for rent or he said hell call the police. Ive just come home now but I dont know why hes being funny, like call the police, what are they going to do and asking for rent, ive not costed him anything.

You just decided to camp in someone's garden? What's wrong with you? That's someone's property - you're trespassing!
Anonymous #1
You just decided to camp in someone's garden? What's wrong with you? That's someone's property - you're trespassing!
I didnt actually go into the house plus they have all that land so why dont they share it.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I didnt actually go into the house plus they have all that land so why dont they share it.
Ok nvm, you're clearly a troll.
Anonymous #1
Ok nvm, you're clearly a troll.
Well Im not
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Well Im not
Fine. On the off chance that you are being entirely truthful, what you did was wrong. Not horribly wrong, but it was just a bit rude. If he were to call the police, they would most likely just caution you (assuming you didn't damage anything) because sleeping on someone's property (without asking) is trespassing - and some people (especially farmers) don't take too kindly to trespassers.

If you go camping again, please consider where you pitch up your tent. Private property is for the owner and as such, they have the right to do whatever they want with it. If someone asks the owner of a plot of land if they can spend the night and the owner agrees, then no problem. But you can't just camp where ever you want. In the eyes of the law, it would be like pitching a tent on the pavement in front of a bank or a building on the high street.

Just don't.
David Getling
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A psychiatrist?
Anonymous #1
Fine. On the off chance that you are being entirely truthful, what you did was wrong. Not horribly wrong, but it was just a bit rude. If he were to call the police, they would most likely just caution you (assuming you didn't damage anything) because sleeping on someone's property (without asking) is trespassing - and some people (especially farmers) don't take too kindly to trespassers.

If you go camping again, please consider where you pitch up your tent. Private property is for the owner and as such, they have the right to do whatever they want with it. If someone asks the owner of a plot of land if they can spend the night and the owner agrees, then no problem. But you can't just camp where ever you want. In the eyes of the law, it would be like pitching a tent on the pavement in front of a bank or a building on the high street.

Just don't.
Alright, I apreciate that
Anonymous #1
(Original post by David Getling)
A psychiatrist?
🤨 Ok....
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Trolls, trolls, trolls... :flute:
David Getling
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Trolls, trolls, trolls... :flute:
Come on, this thread has to be a joke. Can you or your parents imagine waking up to find that someone had pitched a tent in your garden. It sounds like something straight out of a comedy sketch.
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by David Getling)
Come on, this thread has to be a joke. Can you or your parents imagine waking up to find that someone had pitched a tent in your garden. It sounds like something straight out of a comedy sketch.
It's a shame they're not more creative nowadays, doesn't seem like a successful troll if it's obvious from the first post.
Anonymous #1
It's a shame they're not more creative nowadays, doesn't seem like a successful troll if it's obvious from the first post.
Its not a troll 😑
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Its not a troll 😑
Even if it isn't, you have your answer. It's clearly trespass.
David Getling
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sadly the more creative stuff, or at least the replies, tend to get pulled. Reminds me of Frankenfurter's complaint about how hard it is to have a good time.
Anonymous #1
Even if it isn't, you have your answer. It's clearly trespass.
Fine, I wont do it again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (131)
43.09%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (45)
14.8%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (122)
40.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (6)
1.97%

Watched Threads