The Student Room Group

How to spend last 3 months of A level

Hello, i was just wondering how i should spend these last months to get A's at A level. Currently im making flash cards on all the topics which i should get done by the end of march, but i dont know when to start doing past papers and exam questions, because i do not know all the content yet? Im studying a level biology, chemistry and maths.
I’m a bit stuck too! I’ve just tried making Cornell style notes (I think that’s what they’re called) where I write questions for myself instead of making actual notes and then when I look back at them I need to answer the questions. And also spacing out revision. I have mocks now so I’ve been doing past papers
Reply 2
START DOING PAST PAPERS NOW. Its all well and good revising content but if you dont know to correctly apply them to the exam questions in a way to get the top grades, it wont pay off. You can know the syllabus inside and out but if you cant answer the questions exactly the way the examiners want, you wont get the grades you want.
Reply 3
Original post by Fartunf
START DOING PAST PAPERS NOW. Its all well and good revising content but if you dont know to correctly apply them to the exam questions in a way to get the top grades, it wont pay off. You can know the syllabus inside and out but if you cant answer the questions exactly the way the examiners want, you wont get the grades you want.

Okay, so should i spend 1 hour making flash cards, and 1 hour of exam questions per topic, and then 10-20 minutes of flash cards per day? Also is it still good to redo past papers because once ive done a past paper i tend to remember a lot of stuff from the mark scheme so i feel like if i redo it, it would be a waste of time.

Quick Reply

Latest