Boring Videogames

Watch
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What games do you find the most boring? Just playing Death Stranding and it's reminding me of some of the most boring games I've played. The Quiet Man maybe a very short game but it felt like I was playing for 3 hours longer than the runtime because not only was it dreadfully boring, it was also just plain dreadful. Fallout 76 is very boring, although if you have some willing player companions it might get a bit less boring. The past several Assassins Creed games and Ghost Recon: Breakpoint are boring because Ubisoft have developed a penchant for live-service tosh instead of providing meaningful experiences. The need for open-world games are also driving boredom through repetition of the same old missions again and again.
username5162064
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I hate really repetitive games like COD and some Hack and Slash type games where you doing the same thing over and over again

I also hate games where your watching a video game but not playing it if you know what I mean

Death Stranding I have not played and it looks good but I have a feeling it may fall into the above category
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Gamingexpertnot)
I hate really repetitive games like COD and some Hack and Slash type games where you doing the same thing over and over again

I also hate games where your watching a video game but not playing it if you know what I mean

Death Stranding I have not played and it looks good but I have a feeling it may fall into the above category
Call of Duty is certainly repetitious but I think the campaigns provide the meat and some decent intrigue that stop them from becoming a chore-they're also fairly short so that helps.

Are you talking about many of Kojima's games? Yahtzee Croshaw said that Kojima is like a politician-that his games can go on for hours without actually saying anything "Kojima could run for government and be emperor of the universe by mid-afternoon." Also David Cage's games are egregiously cinematic and have players performing chores-and The Order 1886 is similarly cinematic in presentation.

I had only played a few minutes when Death Stranding came out but dedicated a few hours to it yesterday and it was pretty meh to play. Days Gone might not do much to stand out from the crowd but at least there's a real zest in there as a PS exclusive whereas Death Stranding comes across as too political to be enjoyable. I mean when the BBC are giving coverage then there's likely to be something political behind it. When Death Stranding was said to be a "response to Trump and Brexit" I knew it was not so much a Kojima game as it is a political game-of course the trademark weirdness is all there but when the game itself isn't entertaining it's all for naught.
username5162064
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JDINCINERATOR)
Call of Duty is certainly repetitious but I think the campaigns provide the meat and some decent intrigue that stop them from becoming a chore-they're also fairly short so that helps.

Are you talking about many of Kojima's games? Yahtzee Croshaw said that Kojima is like a politician-that his games can go on for hours without actually saying anything "Kojima could run for government and be emperor of the universe by mid-afternoon." Also David Cage's games are egregiously cinematic and have players performing chores-and The Order 1886 is similarly cinematic in presentation.

I had only played a few minutes when Death Stranding came out but dedicated a few hours to it yesterday and it was pretty meh to play. Days Gone might not do much to stand out from the crowd but at least there's a real zest in there as a PS exclusive whereas Death Stranding comes across as too political to be enjoyable. I mean when the BBC are giving coverage then there's likely to be something political behind it. When Death Stranding was said to be a "response to Trump and Brexit" I knew it was not so much a Kojima game as it is a political game-of course the trademark weirdness is all there but when the game itself isn't entertaining it's all for naught.
I mean the David Cage games I just dont like them Im afraid

Alot of people say that about GTA also that its left wing but the politics of both left and right are made fun of in that game

I like games that mix genres

So maybe some platforming mixed with puzzles

Some shooting mixed with exploration etc
Reguken
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Kingdom Hearts, everything about it is sluggish and boring. Combat's just barely passable to keep you going through an otherwise well designed game and premise, but nothing more
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Here are some I played:

The amazing Spider-Man (Game Boy)
Mario's time machine (SNES)
Aladdin (NES)
Silicon Valley (N64)
Super Mario Paint (SNES)
Kirby's Dream Course (SNES)
Quake 4 (PS2?)

Yep, they are not games I can't play in the long run. Plus some football games O can't remember the names.
Last edited by Kallisto; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (229)
33.58%
No (453)
66.42%

Watched Threads