Civil Service Direct Appointment Scheme 2020

Watch
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Lewis31m)
The email I used is; [email protected] binetoffice.gov.uk, and this is what I asked:

Are you able to provide information on how I would be contacted if I was being considered for the Direct Appointment Scheme and when these considerations are likely to begin?

Also, are you able to suggest anywhere to go so that I can do some research on the DAS?
Thanks! Do you think it's worth me asking them to see if they have anymore information?
Maxisea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 3096)
Thanks! Do you think it's worth me asking them to see if they have anymore information?
why not! it cant hurt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Maxisea)
why not! it cant hurt
Okay I'll let you know when they get back to me 🙂
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Emailed and asked about DAS
"We will notify you via email if you have been considered. At present we do not have a date as to when DAS will begin or the number of positions available. "

Guessing that means it's not started yet and it isn't starting in next couple days?
Lewis31m
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 3096)
Emailed and asked about DAS
"We will notify you via email if you have been considered. At present we do not have a date as to when DAS will begin or the number of positions available. "

Guessing that means it's not started yet and it isn't starting in next couple days?
I wouldn't read too much into that, with how reluctant they have been to give out information during that FS process I doubt they would have said anything even if they're planning on starting the DAS tomorrow.

There seems to have been quite a few FSB's released today, so hopefully we're getting close.
Bandyb123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Replying for updates
faststream2020
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Commenting so I get updates. Niall I'm with you fed up of the whole thing. I failed my FSAC however the waits were unnecessary. Good luck with DAS everyone.
lilsheffgrad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Failed at PD FSB with 14.5. The feedback email said I'd be considered for HEO based on my FSB score. Also just commenting for updates!
JustCallMeEggy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello,
I have my FSB next week, but does anyone know if I fail it, would I be considered DAS if one of my choices is Summer Diversity Internship Programme? It looks like I would automatically be offered SDIP if I fail FSB, but does that mean I would not even be considered for DAS? Hope this makes sense!
KWinterr
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JustCallMeEggy)
Hello,
I have my FSB next week, but does anyone know if I fail it, would I be considered DAS if one of my choices is Summer Diversity Internship Programme? It looks like I would automatically be offered SDIP if I fail FSB, but does that mean I would not even be considered for DAS? Hope this makes sense!
You can actually get offered a full time position depending on your SDIP performance - I was on it but decided to finish my master's rather than continue working. Not sure about DAS though, worth sending an email
krystalcel
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by KWinterr)
You can actually get offered a full time position depending on your SDIP performance - I was on it but decided to finish my master's rather than continue working. Not sure about DAS though, worth sending an email
Hey what grade was the position they offered you?
Maxisea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
you'll have to double check this but i think someone in last years thread got on the DAS and they also had SDIP

(Original post by JustCallMeEggy)
Hello,
JustCallMeEggy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Maxisea)
you'll have to double check this but i think someone in last years thread got on the DAS and they also had SDIP
Yes, just looked on last year's forum and looks like couple of people did get it even though they had SDIP lined up. I emailed to ask
econgraduate
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I wonder when theyr going to start sending the emails for DAS. I got a 9.5 in the FSAC so feeling super nervous!
Lewis31m
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I just had a quick look at last years DAS thread and offers started going out February 22nd, I think they're about 3 weeks behind this year, so I think that there is potential for movement at the end of the week. (Typed with all of my fingers crossed and clutching straws)
econgraduate
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lewis31m)
I just had a quick look at last years DAS thread and offers started going out February 22nd, I think they're about 3 weeks behind this year, so I think that there is potential for movement at the end of the week. (Typed with all of my fingers crossed and clutching straws)
haha perfect thanks, yh i was getting really nervous, also with a score of exactly 9.5 on the dot, and above 2 in all competencies (if that helps), would I likely get an EO role offer or HEO?
faststream2020
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by econgraduate)
haha perfect thanks, yh i was getting really nervous, also with a score of exactly 9.5 on the dot, and above 2 in all competencies (if that helps), would I likely get an EO role offer or HEO?
Last year I think 9 and above got HEO offers however the bar is set higher this year and I've heard 9.5+ will attract offers. Whether they be EO or HEO I have no idea. Fingers crossed for you
blueberrysro
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by faststream2020)
Last year I think 9 and above got HEO offers however the bar is set higher this year and I've heard 9.5+ will attract offers. Whether they be EO or HEO I have no idea. Fingers crossed for you
So those that scored below 9.5 won't get offered anything?
Lewis31m
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by blueberrysro)
It's impossible to say with any certainty at the moment, but from comparing scores with last year my prediction would be that 9.5's would be just within the EO band.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by blueberrysro)
Last year 9.5 was right in between getting offered HEO and EO. This year FSAC scores across most schemes seem higher which would suggest HEO roles will be given at higher scores so, in theory, 9.5 scores would be offered EO. However they are doing some bits differently this year so no garuantee they haven't changed the rules on who gets EO, HEO or misses out.
It's also of note that most of the DAS previously went to brexit based roles, so they might recruit significnatly less through DAS this year then previous.
My score was 9.58 so in the same boat! Fingers crossed we here next week.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (106)
60.23%
No (70)
39.77%

Watched Threads