Financial Management ACA - feeling hopeless about exam

Watch
Poooky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Could anyone give me some advice about this exam? I am still trying to learn content with a week to go and my timing is awful and I don't understand how this exam has an 80% pass rate. It's my first professional level exam (big mistake)

Please give me tips
V92
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Keep doing past exam questions and make sure you do them to time and in the software. It's really important you're strict with yourself on the timing from now on. It's really not too late, a week is plenty of time left for FM. I know it's super daunting but trust me keep pushing on. You'll realise that closer to the exam you'll improve day by day. Are you going to BPP/ Kaplan for revision course by any chance ?
Poooky
Rep:
?
(Original post by V92)
Keep doing past exam questions and make sure you do them to time and in the software. It's really important you're strict with yourself on the timing from now on. It's really not too late, a week is plenty of time left for FM. I know it's super daunting but trust me keep pushing on. You'll realise that closer to the exam you'll improve day by day. Are you going to BPP/ Kaplan for revision course by any chance ?
BPP kings cross. Just did the mock and couldn't do the discussion questions. Thought I knew the theory, but not well enough to write a coherent answer I suppose

Yeah I think I'll focus on the time for now, I really struggle with the software as well. It's so clunky and my answers look so untidy

It's all too much 😄 Are you doing the same exam or another?
V92
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ah okay. Revision course makes a massive difference. How many days have you had ? As you get through the revision course, it all starts coming together. By the end of your revision course you'll have a decent base but your timing and knowledge will get better up until the last day before the exam, as long as you keep doing each question to time. I think it's like 1.5 mins per mark ? Use the stop watch on your phone and just keep doing question after question, and make sure you review your answers. I think for the discussion questions, there's waaaaayy too much info in the back so don't worry if you don't get all of those points down. Tutors are always super helpful, knowledgeable and friendly so ask them. They're experts on what you need to know.

Also, one thing I would say just for the exam is to make sure you read the requirement first before you read the question. Just something that helped me for all professional level exams.

Focus on the notes too that your revision tutors give because they always cover the things you really need to know like the M&M model etc.... Review the questions you do in class too. Your revision tutor covers all of those questions during classes for a reason and that's because it covers every style of question you can get. Give the mock your best shot too but don't get too bogged down. Even if you get 30%-40%, you'll be fine in the exam but just don't slack off at any stage keep focussed.

I did the exam a couple years back but from what I hear it hasn't changed much. The software is not too helpful from what I hear too but writing out everything comes with it's pros and cons too.
Poooky
Rep:
?
My timing is only getting worse. I can't finish a single type of question in the time allocated, each take me around 1 hr except NPV which takes even longer. I don't know what to do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (242)
33.85%
No (473)
66.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed