The Student Room Group

18-month A Level course starting in January 2021 and I need your help!

Hello everybody,

I am Nguyen Minh Anh, a 16-year-old student from Vietnam (I will be 17 this May). I am planning to study in the UK in January 2021. I will take the IELTS test in either in April, May or June. If I take it in June, I will have completed my application process at the beginning of July. Is July too late to apply for a place in January 2021? What's more, I have done some researches online and found some colleges that offer the 18-month A Level course: CTC, Chelsea College, Ealing College, Bellerbys, Ashbourne, David Game, Abbey DLD, MPW, Bosworth Independent College and Harrow College. Which college is the most flexible concerning issue like this? I also want to apply for a scholarship, should I get ready sooner? Would you mind advising asap since I have to register to take an IELTS test before 10th March?

Many thanks and have a good day!:smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by mikie.ng
Hello everybody,

I am Nguyen Minh Anh, a 16-year-old student from Vietnam (I will be 17 this May). I am planning to study in the UK in January 2021. I will take the IELTS test in either in April, May or June. If I take it in June, I will have completed my application process at the beginning of July. Is July too late to apply for a place in January 2021? What's more, I have done some researches online and found some colleges that offer the 18-month A Level course: CTC, Chelsea College, Ealing College, Bellerbys, Ashbourne, David Game, Abbey DLD, MPW, Bosworth Independent College and Harrow College. Which college is the most flexible concerning issue like this? I also want to apply for a scholarship, should I get ready sooner? Would you mind advising asap since I have to register to take an IELTS test before 10th March?

Many thanks and have a good day!:smile:

Have you considered distance learning? If you are looking for a flexible option then the National Extension College may be able to help. You can enrol anytime and you would be sitting the exams in summer 2021. Feel free to contact our Course Advice Team if you would like to discuss this possibility on 01223 400 200 or [email protected].

Best wishes, Charlotte
Hi Nguyen, I hope you are well! Good luck with your IELTS test. If you would like to discuss an application with David Game College, feel free to contact our admissions team on [email protected].
Hi there,

I'm currently studying at Bellerbys Brighton, in regards to scholarships I think that you should apply especially if your IGCSE grades are good or you are fluent in English. I got a 25% scholarship for my IELTS grades, meaning 8.0 and above. You can get up to 70% scholarship here but there is an interview process. Hope this helps:smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest