Hedwigeeeee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Anyone know what's wrong with my answer in c? And why in a the vectors should undergo addition instead of subtraction?
Last edited by Hedwigeeeee; 8 months ago
ghostwalker
  • Study Helper
Badges: 17
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Wuxinyu)
Anyone know what's wrong with my answer in c? And why in a the vectors should undergo addition instead of subtraction?
In "a" the vectors are subtracted. It's just that - (-2i -4j) = +2i + 4j

In "c".

You can subtract the position of the motor boat at time t from the position of s at time t and solve for when it's equal to 0. This is what you look to have tried to do, HOWEVER the position of the motor boat is simply t(pi+qj). Both positions are relative to the "origin", O. There is no need to add (-4i-2j) to the motor boat's position.
Hedwigeeeee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by ghostwalker)
In "a" the vectors are subtracted. It's just that - (-2i -4j) = +2i + 4j

In "c".

You can subtract the position of the motor boat at time t from the position of s at time t and solve for when it's equal to 0. This is what you look to have tried to do, HOWEVER the position of the motor boat is simply t(pi+qj). Both positions are relative to the "origin", O. There is no need to add (-4i-2j) to the motor boat's position.
ok, thank u
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (68)
27.2%
No - I have already returned home (27)
10.8%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (52)
20.8%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (27)
10.8%
No - I live at home during term anyway (76)
30.4%

Watched Threads