Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Demo is out now

go play it?

Spoiler:
Show

I found switching between menu's/modes a bit jarring at first, but soon got used to as I played further and it started to feel more natural.

Scorpion boss was definitely harder than in the first game. My limit break came at an awkward moment when i was low on health, and it was powering up for an attack ....and i wanted to heal but it would only let me use the limit break, so i used the limit break [i'm not sure if it hit] but i got hit by the power up attack and died. luckily i had barrett to use a phoenix down.

in general they've changed quite a lot in the mako reactor compared to ff7 original, but the overall theme is the same. can't see anyone needing the full 30 minutes on the timer tbh, 20 minutes should be more than enough.
ANM775
Rep:
?
seriously wtf is wrong with you people?

each topic I post on FF7 Remake gets 0 replies..

ok, I shalln't post anymore... It's clear you lot have very bad taste............
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Downloaded it last night. After I get all my sh*t done today, gonna relax later on and play it. So hyped!!! :woo:
ANM775
Rep:
?
I played it again and did not realise that the bomb in fact didn't go off properly, and it was the president who intentionally destroyed the place wtf
Edit
also the demo linked in the OP seems to have an added bit that was removed from the demo i downloaded. The scene at the lift where jesse asks cloud if him and tifa are close, there is an added flashback scene of tifa as a child in the demo in the OP .....
Last edited by ANM775; 4 weeks ago
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Arthur_Morgan)
Downloaded it last night. After I get all my sh*t done today, gonna relax later on and play it. So hyped!!! :woo:
If you are thinking of getting it at launch then I've hope you've pre-ordered. A lot of places are running out now, I had one in my basket for £43 at base.com yesterday and today i went back to pay for it and they've not only put up the price to £49.99, they've also said they've sold out.

I then went to amazon - sold out

finally i was able to get one ordered on shopto.net ..but for £49.99

taking too long cost me £6
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ANM775)
If you are thinking of getting it at launch then I've hope you've pre-ordered. A lot of places are running out now, I had one in my basket for £43 at base.com yesterday and today i went back to pay for it and they've not only put up the price to £49.99, they've also said they've sold out.

I then went to amazon - sold out

finally i was able to get one ordered on shopto.net ..but for £49.99

taking too long cost me £6
Gonna wait till it goes down in price first, bit too hefty for me
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
i can't waittt. the demo is really good. love cloud, haha.
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arthur_Morgan)
Gonna wait till it goes down in price first, bit too hefty for me
Normally I'd do the same. It is very rare I buy games for full price, but for Final Fantasy I will sometimes make an exception as they are my favourite series of games.

I'm too skint right now to justify buying the delux edition [£79.99] or the 1st class edition for £259.99
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
i can't waittt. the demo is really good. love cloud, haha.
:eek:

never knew you was a Final Fantasy fan
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
:eek:

never knew you was a Final Fantasy fan
i amm. final fantasy was a big part of my childhood. which ff is your favourite? i love 7, realm reborn +15 the most
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
i amm. final fantasy was a big part of my childhood. which ff is your favourite? i love 7, realm reborn +15 the most

FF7 was the first FF game i ever played. tbh i only bought it because it selling for 2 for £30 with gran turismo [and i wanted gran turismo] , and I soon found myself enjoying FF7 much more than gran turismo. I'd say 7 is my favourite, maybe because it's the first one I played.

I really liked FFX as well.

FF15 was good, but I was saddened that the real time combat had made it less strategy orientated [you can get quite far just button mashing], and magic is virtually redundant. Still though, it is a very enjoyable game and they added a lot of neat little touches that were present in other final fantasy's so i still rate it.

i recently downloaded the free trial of realm reborn and didn't like it, so deleted it. too much menu's ..etc and they don't even explain it all....
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
FF7 was the first FF game i ever played. tbh i only bought it because it selling for 2 for £30 with gran turismo [and i wanted gran turismo] , and I soon found myself enjoying FF7 much more than gran turismo. I'd say 7 is my favourite, maybe because it's the first one I played.

I really liked FFX as well.

FF15 was good, but I was saddened that the real time combat had made it less strategy orientated [you can get quite far just button mashing], and magic is virtually redundant. Still though, it is a very enjoyable game and they added a lot of neat little touches that were present in other final fantasy's so i still rate it.

i recently downloaded the free trial of realm reborn and didn't like it, so deleted it. too much menu's ..etc and they don't even explain it all....
15's storyline was a bit of a mess towards the end tbh. so different from the original versus concept too, lol. i still enjoyed it though.
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
15's storyline was a bit of a mess towards the end tbh. so different from the original versus concept too, lol. i still enjoyed it though.
Apparently the game was originally intended to be longer but they ended up cutting a lot out. so that's why they made so much dlc.

i almost cried when they cancelled the season 2 dlc. 😪

Ignis dlc was my favourite I think
Gladio's was my least favourite
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I hope the classic, turn-based mode exists. 'Cos the **** I saw on YT wasn't FF.
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
I hope the classic, turn-based mode exists. 'Cos the **** I saw on YT wasn't FF.
back originally when i first heard it was gonna be real time i wasn't happy ...but then as i saw footage of it, and played the demo i think it works fairly well.

i disliked the real time in ff12, but liked 13's and 15's

i respect your opinion though about not liking it, as tbh when resident evil turned into a FPS i just found it just wasn't for me and no longer liked the series ...when i loved the earlier games
ANM775
Rep:
?
100gb this game is supposed to be.

i'm gonna have to delete a few things.....
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Apparently the game was originally intended to be longer but they ended up cutting a lot out. so that's why they made so much dlc.

i almost cried when they cancelled the season 2 dlc. 😪

Ignis dlc was my favourite I think
Gladio's was my least favourite
mine was prompto's, love him.
100gb this game is supposed to be.

i'm gonna have to delete a few things.....
it's supposed to be split into several parts isn't it? a bit annoying..
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
mine was prompto's, love him.

it's supposed to be split into several parts isn't it? a bit annoying..

yeah, it's probably going to have at least 3 parts. initially i was not in favour of them stretching it out like this. however having learned that each part with provide a full games worth of content ... i actually don't mind this anymore, and don't mind buying the other parts because it will be worth it.

what i find most annoying is that it will probably be at least like 2 years until part 2 comes out..
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
yeah, it's probably going to have at least 3 parts. initially i was not in favour of them stretching it out like this. however having learned that each part with provide a full games worth of content ... i actually don't mind this anymore, and don't mind buying the other parts because it will be worth it.

what i find most annoying is that it will probably be at least like 2 years until part 2 comes out..
yeah, i'll probably be ****ing dead by the time part 3 comes out, haha.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
SH*T

I've accidentally ordered 2 copies of the game due to the crappy site giving an error message and telling me the 1st transaction didn't go through. I am unable to cancel the second one, and apparently they both have shipped today.

this is very bad.

I'm going to have to waste money sending it back, and hope i can find a post office open, and hope the fact that royal mail are not asking people to sign does not lead to the company swindling me.....
Last edited by ANM775; 2 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (205)
33.55%
No (406)
66.45%

Watched Threads