LunaMorningstar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I know that this question is probably asked a lot on here but I'm really lost with what to study at university. I am taking a gap year to see if I can figure something out but I'm not sure. I'm currently taking the IB. The subjects that I am taking are HL: Geography, Spanish, German and SL: English Lang Lit, Math Studies and Biology. I have lost interest in a lot of things because I have become more depressed due to other reasons and my life has been going downhill ever since. There are so many options for me to choose from as things to study. I absolutely hate Biology and maths. I speak four languages and I am learning more. I love reading and writing and drawing although I am not particularly good at drawing yet. I love gaming. I love fashion design. Music has been incorporated in my life ever since I was three but I had to leave playing instruments and singing due to complications with school. I have always been more creative than mathematical or science based. I also like criminology and psychology but I am really bad at memorising things and I dislike statistics. I also love photography and film. I also would like to have a high salary in my job but do what I love because I don't want to be anymore depressed than I am at the place that I am right now.

I took the UCAS test and received 'Barn Owl' - Patient and methodical, Barn owls are great with complicated situations and working on things for a long time. They are natural planners and imaginative problems solvers that are often good at being careful with facts. They are keen to research and gain knowledge on subjects in detail, often becoming an expert in the things that they learn. At their best, they're clever, creative visionaries with the determination to achieve their goals, which means they may be considered distant, private and argumentative. Visionary, direct and organised. Detailed planners. Strategic and challenging. Like to stretch themselves and their team members. Tend to like and offer independence to their team members but will expect success in return.

I am sorry for this long paragraph but I would really appreciate if you guys could give me some sense of direction on what I can study. Thank you in advance!
MQ99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i found prospects.ac.uk fairly helpful for gaining some ideas for potential careers
chazwomaq
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LunaMorningstar)
I absolutely hate Biology and maths...I have always been more creative than mathematical or science based...I also would like to have a high salary in my job
By avoiding maths and science, you have limited your options for high earnings. This recent report will give you an idea of what subjects leads to higher earnings.

https://www.ifs.org.uk/uploads/R167-...e-earnings.pdf

Your best bet is probably law. But bear in mind there is intense competition for training contracts after graduation, so you really want to go to a Russell Group to have much chance.

You might get in somewhere for economics but that's quite a mathsy subject. Geography is OK.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (243)
33.75%
No (477)
66.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise