Correct entry of prior study and funding.

Watch
Dee-Emma
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
As a mature student I have used some of my funding. 38 years ago I took an HND. This was described as a 'sandwich course' : one year college, one year industry, final year in college. So from start to end point was 3 years, but I only received (grant) funding for two years. But the sfe form wants duration and dates, which will appear as 3 years - there doesn't seem to be a place to give further details. Obviously, there's a big difference in my degree funding now if sfe think I've used 3years funding already, when actually I've only used 2. Already submitted an application, and I don't think this section is editable. Should I cancel my application and re-apply? If so, how can I accurately describe my situation within the structure of the application process? Help! My forthcoming degree studies depend on this.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Dee-Emma)
As a mature student I have used some of my funding. 38 years ago I took an HND. This was described as a 'sandwich course' : one year college, one year industry, final year in college. So from start to end point was 3 years, but I only received (grant) funding for two years. But the sfe form wants duration and dates, which will appear as 3 years - there doesn't seem to be a place to give further details. Obviously, there's a big difference in my degree funding now if sfe think I've used 3years funding already, when actually I've only used 2. Already submitted an application, and I don't think this section is editable. Should I cancel my application and re-apply? If so, how can I accurately describe my situation within the structure of the application process? Help! My forthcoming degree studies depend on this.
If you were funded £1 during the sandwich year then I believe it counts as a year, so even if you got no money if the uni did, then I think it will count.

Ask here
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

Hopefully as a HND is only a 2 year qualification normally qualification compared to a 3 year degree you will be ok.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.63%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.65%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.18%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads