Dee-Emma
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Copied from general funding...As a mature student I have used some of my funding. 38 years ago I took an HND. This was described as a 'sandwich course' : one year college, one year industry, final year in college. So from start to end point was 3 years, but I only received (grant) funding for two years. But the sfe form wants duration and dates, which will appear as 3 years - there doesn't seem to be a place to give further details. Obviously, there's a big difference in my degree funding now if sfe think I've used 3years funding already, when actually I've only used 2. Already submitted an application, and I don't think this section is editable. Should I cancel my application and re-apply? If so, how can I accurately describe my situation within the structure of the application process? Help! My forthcoming degree studies depend on this.
SFE Ashley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Dee-Emma)
Copied from general funding...As a mature student I have used some of my funding. 38 years ago I took an HND. This was described as a 'sandwich course' : one year college, one year industry, final year in college. So from start to end point was 3 years, but I only received (grant) funding for two years. But the sfe form wants duration and dates, which will appear as 3 years - there doesn't seem to be a place to give further details. Obviously, there's a big difference in my degree funding now if sfe think I've used 3years funding already, when actually I've only used 2. Already submitted an application, and I don't think this section is editable. Should I cancel my application and re-apply? If so, how can I accurately describe my situation within the structure of the application process? Help! My forthcoming degree studies depend on this.
Hi there,

We need to know how many years of study you have done in higher education, not how many years of funding you have received from us.

Based on the information provided, you have 3 years of previous study in higher education and we will need to take this in to account when determining your future funding.

Thanks, Ashley.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (532)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (647)
41.29%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (316)
20.17%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.59%

Watched Threads