The Student Room Group

NCS summer job

Hi all,

I’ve been asked to complete a phone interview to work with NCS over the summer and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips. I have super high anxiety levels, especially when it comes to phone calls (I struggle to order a chinese 🙄) so if anybody could share their experience it would be much appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by gracehodgkissx
Hi all,

I’ve been asked to complete a phone interview to work with NCS over the summer and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips. I have super high anxiety levels, especially when it comes to phone calls (I struggle to order a chinese 🙄) so if anybody could share their experience it would be much appreciated!

Hey @gracehodgkissx,

We noticed your post and wanted to put your mind at ease. A lot of people struggle with anxiety, and it's perfectly natural for this to be heightened before an interview of any kind. The best thing you can do is let the person who calls you know, they can then take this into account.

Whilst we're not experts on managing anxiety, as everyone's anxiety is different, breathing techniques are a quick way to calm your mind by first convincing your body everything’s OK. And you can do them literally anywhere, anytime.

This one’s super easy:
- Breathe in for a count of seven
- Breathe out for a count of eleven
- Repeat until you feel your heartbeat and stress level lowering

Hope that helps 👍

Thanks,
Sam 🦒

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending