The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry question help- Buckminsterfullerene

stuck on a hard question

i have understood from the question about Buckminsterfullerene's structure it has a giant molecular structure, covalently bonded and less energy is needed to break intermolecular forces compared to other allotropes of carbon just struggling on how the structure helps it deliver drugs to specific cells would appreciate any help i can get

Explain, in terms of it's structure, why buckminsterfullerene (C60) could potentially be used in medicine to deliver drugs to specific cells (4 marks)

would appreciate any leads anyone could give me on how you would work out the answer to get all 4 marks
Original post by liamlarner
stuck on a hard question

i have understood from the question about Buckminsterfullerene's structure it has a giant molecular structure, covalently bonded and less energy is needed to break intermolecular forces compared to other allotropes of carbon just struggling on how the structure helps it deliver drugs to specific cells would appreciate any help i can get

Explain, in terms of it's structure, why buckminsterfullerene (C60) could potentially be used in medicine to deliver drugs to specific cells (4 marks)

would appreciate any leads anyone could give me on how you would work out the answer to get all 4 marks

Only a suggestion here but maybe it could be used to harbour drugs to the site of a tumour or something similar (it could contain the drug inside of the structure).

Quick Reply

Latest