The Student Room Group

Newnham Essay Competition 2020- Classics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yellowstar03
I did the one about if everyone could speak English but ended up going really off-topic about minority languages and dystopian fiction! It was quite random, I'm nervous to find out but I hope it's today because we've waited so long

Sounds so cool! i did the other one and talked about eco-criticism and eco-feminism and poetry of minority languages, but I think mines gone off topic too. I'd just like to know the results tbh lol

Are you applying for MML too? :smile:
Original post by Spanishstarfish
Sounds so cool! i did the other one and talked about eco-criticism and eco-feminism and poetry of minority languages, but I think mines gone off topic too. I'd just like to know the results tbh lol

Are you applying for MML too? :smile:

Yeah, probably French and ab initio Spanish at Cambridge. I love the look of Newnham but in the likely scenario that my essay's not commended or anything I might consider other colleges because I wouldn't want it to be brought up at interview if they hated it. Yours sounds really interesting, I hope you do well :smile:
Yeah, probably French and ab initio Spanish at Cambridge. I love the look of Newnham but in the likely scenario that my essay's not commended or anything I might consider other colleges because I wouldn't want it to be brought up at interview if they hated it. Yours sounds really interesting, I hope you do well :smile:

How coooool! I’m thinking Spanish & beginners german at Cambridge. Best of luck to you I bet you smash it😉
Reply 43
Good luck everyone! I hope we find out the outcome soon.
Newnham have said they’re still marking. Look at the comments on their recent Instagram :/
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah i saw that just now. Looks like it won’t be today. I know the entry date for the philosophy essay was put up later than the others. So maybe they are waiting for those to be marked as well and then send out the results
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Hello192837465
Yeah i saw that just now. Looks like it won’t be today. I know the entry date for the philosophy essay was put up later than the others. So maybe they are waiting for those to be marked as well and then send out the results

Oh dear it could be ages then...the philosophy deadline was only last month. I just want to be put out of my misery! I guess it's extra difficult to mark with lockdown and stuff, best of luck everyone :smile:
Oh dear it could be ages then...the philosophy deadline was only last month. I just want to be put out of my misery! I guess it's extra difficult to mark with lockdown and stuff, best of luck everyone :smile:

Their website says it'll be announced on 22nd. Good luck guys :smile:
Thank you!! Good luck everyone:smile:)
Good luck today everyone! Anyone have any idea how and/or what time we'll find out?
Reply 50
Good luck today everyone! Anyone have any idea how and/or what time we'll find out?

Good luck to you too! I think they might email us but I'm not sure about the time. I'm just constantly refreshing the website at this point.
Good luck everyone!!
Good luck guys! Regardless of the results, I am super proud of all of us ❤️
Good luck guys! I’m proud of myself for entering and no matter the outcome, I hope you guys are too. If you’re disappointed, remember everything happens for a reason and it’s probably because there’s another essay competition out there that’ll you smash too :wink:
has anyone heard as yet? x
Original post by tiapatel30
has anyone heard as yet? x

I haven't
omg same haha i am stressing
I haven't
Original post by tiapatel30
omg same haha i am stressing

Yeah I'm really not expecting to be commended or anything I just want to know it's been months. Hopefully it will be soon
Just got an email, my essay was highly commended! Can't believe it :smile: Hope everyone's happy no matter what, we should all be proud for entering it in the first place
Just got an email, my essay was highly commended! Can't believe it :smile: Hope everyone's happy no matter what, we should all be proud for entering it in the first place

Biggest congratulations to you!!!!! What subject? X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending