The Student Room Group

What's the most exciting opportunity you've had at uni?

I'd love to know about all the exciting things you've all achieved and taken part in, what to you has been the most interesting?

For me, it has to be my legal volunteer work this year. I've participated in voluntary legal work before but this year has been the most interesting. I get to work on a case that's gotten the go-ahead for a court appeal. Meaning we as a group have the opportunity to change these people's lives for the better (hopefully) :tongue:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by MidgetFever
I'd love to know about all the exciting things you've all achieved and taken part in, what to you has been the most exciting?

For me, it has to be my legal volunteer work this year. I've participated in voluntary legal work before but this year has been the most interesting. I get to work on a case that's gotten the go-ahead for a court appeal. Meaning we as a group have the opportunity to change these people's lives for the better (hopefully) :tongue:

To participate in MKUltra experiments is what I would say if I was at college in America in the post-war years.
Reply 2
I don't think I ever had a great opportunity via the university other than the DTP funding for my doctorate
Original post by gjd800
I don't think I ever had a great opportunity via the university other than the DTP funding for my doctorate

What was your doctorate in?
Reply 4
Original post by HurtOnAllLevels
What was your doctorate in?

Philosophy (with a couple of ancient languages)
Original post by gjd800
Philosophy (with a couple of ancient languages)

What area of philosophy?
Reply 6
What area of philosophy?

Indian, specifically Buddhist arguments against Advaita conceptions of monism and essentialism
Original post by gjd800
Indian, specifically Buddhist arguments against Advaita conceptions of monism and essentialism

Are you religious yourself?
Reply 8
Are you religious yourself?

My philosphical outlook is very Buddhist (surprise surprise) but I don't much buy into religiosity, so some people'd say yes, and I'd usually say not really

To compound this my background is Irish Catholic, so I have those hangovers too :lol:
I got to meet Adam Henson, he was a **** and Princess Anne, she was lovely.

Quick Reply

Latest