what grades can i get if i start revising now?

Watch
meticulouswizard
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
so I'm not confident with my revision plan hence why I am putting it up here for improvements or if I am doing the right thing

some context
1)didn't revise properly for mocks (e.g making revision materials) cus I am an idiot
2)mock grades ranging from 6-9 (little to no revision)

And this is my plan; please suggest any improvements
1) I am trying to get all my notes finished (whole specs)by St Patrick's day, how? I am going to be doing a lot of revision e.g. working like 8 hours - 1 8 hours in a day depending on whether it is a weekday or weekend, I know this is a lot, but I am trying to compensate for the missed revision materials notes, understanding, etc.
2) From then on onwards I am going to be doing retrieval practice and EQs (btw I have made a doc on word with lots and lots of past papers for each subject and I am going to print these out)

So, for each subject
Literature (Eduqas)
Macbeth + An inspector calls + Jekyll and Hyde
- go through play annotate each scene/chapter in detail as well as writing out key quotations (with analysis) linking to characters, themes, and the context as I go through each scene, am I missing anything?
- my English teacher's bad so we did none of this in class properly and although I do have an idea of what these books/plays are about it is not in that much detail
- I also need help with the structure of these essays so if anybody can help, please do
Poems - annotate in detail with key quotations, analysis, context, structure, form, etc and then put these on flashcards
after I have finished this, I am going to do lots and lots and lots of EQs in timed conditions (ready to print from the word doc)

Language (Eduqas)
- quick question does the speaking endorsement count towards our final English language grade?
- Review language techniques, audience, purpose, how to write an article.
- review each qs type and structure is what I struggle with, so if anyone could help me?
-after I have finished this, I am going to do lots and lots and lots of EQs in timed conditions (ready to print from the word doc)
- also for the transactional writing pieces do you think it's a good idea to memorize a lot of different stories that I would have written myself based on the generic trends of the titles they have given in past papers and then because the titles are so generic I can adapt it if necessary or not?

Maths (Edexcel)
- go thru spec and make notes on what I'm not sure about or watch Hegarty maths, basically make myself understand it, then do EQSon that topic if necessary
- after I have gone through all the spec and I am confident then I will start to do all the EQs and past papers I have linked in my word doc some of them are grade 9 aimed booklets and if I get anything wrong correct it revise it/go through that topic

Sciences - combined (AQA)
- Make mindmaps on each spec point then retrieval qs on word/Quizlet
- after each subtopic e.g Organisation I will do eqs from physics and maths tutor and mark them
- after I have gone through all the spec I am going to start doing all the hundreds of EQs and past papers I have linked on my word doc and if I get anything wrong correct it revise it/go through that topic as well as going through the retrieval practice from the retrieval qs I have made on word/Quizlet

History(AQA) + Psychology(Edexcel) + Economics(AQA) + R.S(AQA)
- Make mindmaps on each spec point then retrieval qs on word/Quizlet
- do past papers and the retrieval qs as revision

French (AQA)
- I know very little french
- memorize all vocab as I got through the spec
- learn grammar
- do speaking, listening, writing, reading tests after each topic e.g theme 1 famil and friends

please suggest any improvements it would be really appreciated and also what grade range could I potentially get if I follow my plan here

MANY MANY THANKS
Last edited by meticulouswizard; 1 year ago
asianism
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Looks alright which are your weakest and strongest subjects?
tzouii
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
with french - have some stock phrases that fit the most obscure tenses and grammar rules ; memorise them and fit them into your writing as much as possible
meticulouswizard
Rep:
?
(Original post by asianism)
Looks alright which are your weakest and strongest subjects?
i dont know
asianism
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Study6076)
i dont know
Based on your mock results?
meticulouswizard
Rep:
?
(Original post by asianism)
Based on your mock results?
best 9 economics we only did paper 1 worst maths and english lit and lang 6
asianism
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
With maths focus on understanding, it should only take a couple of weeks of focussed revision. Then to a ton of qs hard and easy.

With lit I watched Mr Salles and Mr bruff on YouTube.

Just keep practicing writing essays and doing questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (123)
27.46%
England (160)
35.71%
Belgium (33)
7.37%
Germany (43)
9.6%
Spain (10)
2.23%