chloepascale
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, lots of people are talking about the possibility of UK schools being shut for 2 months. With A level exams only 2 months away, what do you think would happen? Most people's university lives depend on these exams, so would they simply award us our predicted grades? Or would we just sit the exams 2 months late and enter uni 2 months late too?? Ideas??
MintKindred
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by chloepascale)
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, lots of people are talking about the possibility of UK schools being shut for 2 months. With A level exams only 2 months away, what do you think would happen? Most people's university lives depend on these exams, so would they simply award us our predicted grades? Or would we just sit the exams 2 months late and enter uni 2 months late too?? Ideas??
I don't think they'd just close a school for the sake of it, especially with exams. However, any school with a case needs to take mandatory 2 week closure, and can stretch to 2 months dependant on the outbreak within that institute.
chloepascale
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by MintKindred)
I don't think they'd just close a school for the sake of it, especially with exams. However, any school with a case needs to take mandatory 2 week closure, and can stretch to 2 months dependant on the outbreak within that institute.
Oh boy... I'll just hope that my college doesn't get any extensive outbreak.
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Well if there happens to be a severe outbreak in the Uk then yes they will have to shut down schools and colleges. This is to minimise the number of healthy kids coming in contact with ill kids.
I also heard on the news about the possibility of closures up to 2 months. Ofqual and awarding bodies are probably drawing up contingency plans for the summer season should a severe outbreak take place.

I THINK CORONA CAME TO STOP THE EDEXCEL A-LEVEL MATHS FIASCO ONCE AND FOR ALL
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (10)
18.52%
I'm not sure (2)
3.7%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (15)
27.78%
I have already dropped out (2)
3.7%
I'm not a current university student (25)
46.3%

Watched Threads