Accidentally scratching parked car

Watch
fntasi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm a new driver and I accidentally scratched a parked car, near their left wheel. There were no dents I don't think.
It was in a leisure centre car park and so I gave all my details at the reception such as my number plate, number to contact me etc, on a note and I also took a photo of the damage I caused.
They gave an announcement on the speakers for the owner of the car to come so they could get my details.

However, they drove off and never went to the desk anyway. The wing mirror on the side which was scratched was clipped in due to the collision so I'm not sure how they did not notice and immediately go back into the reception if that makes sense?

Will I get into more trouble for not leaving a physical note on the car? I was told by the staff at the leisure centre to give my details at the desk and I'm unsure as to whether I have to tell anyone else about this because currently it seems as though they aren't going to contact me?

I'm very worried so any advice/experience/reassurance would be appreciated
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by fntasi)
I'm a new driver and I accidentally scratched a parked car, near their left wheel. There were no dents I don't think.
It was in a leisure centre car park and so I gave all my details at the reception such as my number plate, number to contact me etc, on a note and I also took a photo of the damage I caused.
They gave an announcement on the speakers for the owner of the car to come so they could get my details.

However, they drove off and never went to the desk anyway. The wing mirror on the side which was scratched was clipped in due to the collision so I'm not sure how they did not notice and immediately go back into the reception if that makes sense?

Will I get into more trouble for not leaving a physical note on the car? I was told by the staff at the leisure centre to give my details at the desk and I'm unsure as to whether I have to tell anyone else about this because currently it seems as though they aren't going to contact me?

I'm very worried so any advice/experience/reassurance would be appreciated
You should call 101 and leave your details - I'd guess it's unlikely anything will come of this.
fntasi
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
You should call 101 and leave your details - I'd guess it's unlikely anything will come of this.
Thanks
Will the police only do something if the owner of the car contacts them?
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by fntasi)
Thanks
Will the police only do something if the owner of the car contacts them?
Yes.
fntasi
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
Yes.
Thanks again
Just hoping that if they end up wanting to find the source of it that they ask the leisure centre for CCTV so that they can see I've given all my details already Lesson has definitely been learnt!
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sorry but you're going to jail
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed