Law at Queen's University Belfast

Watch this thread
thatthat
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there, I'm looking to study law at Queen's University for 2021 entry. Although I am completing my A Levels this year and have already applied to university I have changed my mind about which subject I would like to study and so I am looking to take a year out and reapply.
I understand that Queen's stipulate AAA as entry requirements on their website, however I was wondering how flexible this is? Has anyone gotten in with offers lower than this? Also if you study at Queen's for law (or for another subject) what do you make of the university? I'm an English student so I'm not sure whether that would make a difference to my experience studying in Belfast.
Thank you for any advice!
kierav
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Hey, I'm a second year law student at Queens, feel free to pm me any questions!
Dualcitizen
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
In terms of the flexibility of the grade requirements, I know very well that students from mainland Britain have reduced requirements. I have a couple of friends who were accepted with ABB who are from England.

In terms of the overall experience, it is a very social, outgoing and student-y city. Going out here is far cheaper than in a lot of places in England, if that is your thing. Also, the university accommodation is incredible here!

Also, take a look at the scholarships on offer. There is one targeted at mainland British students that will be of some financial help!

While I'm not a student of Law, I have many friends who do study it and as such I have heard heaps about the course. If you have any questions about Belfast/NI, or the uni itself do give me a shout!
thatthat
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Dualcitizen)
In terms of the flexibility of the grade requirements, I know very well that students from mainland Britain have reduced requirements. I have a couple of friends who were accepted with ABB who are from England.

In terms of the overall experience, it is a very social, outgoing and student-y city. Going out here is far cheaper than in a lot of places in England, if that is your thing. Also, the university accommodation is incredible here!

Also, take a look at the scholarships on offer. There is one targeted at mainland British students that will be of some financial help!

While I'm not a student of Law, I have many friends who do study it and as such I have heard heaps about the course. If you have any questions about Belfast/NI, or the uni itself do give me a shout!
Thank you so much, that's really helpful, I'll check out the scholarships available!
The city itself seems a great place to be a student and I really like the look of the course
Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by thatthat)
Thank you so much, that's really helpful, I'll check out the scholarships available!
The city itself seems a great place to be a student and I really like the look of the course
Hi thatthat,

So greatb to hear that you are considering Queen's. I have really enjoyed my time living over and studying in Belfast. If you ahve any questions feel free to ask us anything!
Good luck with your studies
Thanks,
Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Third year, English and History
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (94)
20.17%
The paper was reasonable (178)
38.2%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.54%
It was TERRIBLE (75)
16.09%

Watched Threads