Poppaleeki
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi I mentioned in the main thread about starting this! So I’m Poppy I’m 21 and studying BSc Chemistry currently ! ☺️
rxchxl_grxcx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey sorry for only joining just now! Been caught up with diss work. I’m Rachel, I’m 20 and doing a BSc in Biomedical science.
Poppaleeki
Rep:
?
No worries! Have you made your location preferences yet?? Which ones are you going for, I’m just interested to see which locations are popular
rxchxl_grxcx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not yet! Was going to apply to the London ones just because it’s close to home but going to put them all down and see what I get. Hbu???
Poppaleeki
Rep:
?
I don’t know, I live in nottingham so I would want nottingham, and I can commute to Sheffield, Coventry and Birmingham and would be happy moving to Manchester. The others are really far away and I don’t think I would want to move to London. But I don’t know if I’m seriously limiting myself by not putting them down. What time is your interview? Mine is 1:40pm
PHR2020
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Manchester for me. Anyone been interviewed for the STP before?
Poppaleeki
Rep:
?
No I’ll be straight out of undergraduate! Which would be great! Which unis did you guys go to?
PHR2020
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Poppaleeki)
No I’ll be straight out of undergraduate! Which would be great! Which unis did you guys go to?
Same
rxchxl_grxcx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don’t know, I live in nottingham so I would want nottingham, and I can commute to Sheffield, Coventry and Birmingham and would be happy moving to Manchester. The others are really far away and I don’t think I would want to move to London. But I don’t know if I’m seriously limiting myself by not putting them down. What time is your interview? Mine is 1:40pm
Yeah that sounds like a good plan. I would put the others down in the no preference section. Mine is 1:40 pm too!
Last edited by rxchxl_grxcx; 3 weeks ago
Poppaleeki
Rep:
?
Omg really ! We should be interviewing together then! I’m so nervous for it, I’m usually quite confident in interviews though so I’m hoping it’s the same for this one, although I imagine the hardest interview I’ve ever done lol
stulfc
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I studied BSc Physiology got interview reserve last year.
Not even sure how to prepare
stulfc
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I studied BSc Physiology got interview reserve last year.
Not even sure how to prepare

In terms of locations I'm really restricted because I only want to commute so Manchester is the only option but may consider Sheffield
stulfc
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Good to see people from different degrees other than audiology applying
BreathingCloud
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I studied Acoustics 5 years ago, been working as an Acoustic Consultant since graduating. Went down 4 days a week to volunteer in the ENT department of my local hospital. Now here I am, really don't know what to expect for the interview 😬.
Last edited by BreathingCloud; 3 weeks ago
Poppaleeki
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’ve been doing tonnes of interview revision since my interview offer, bought a £40 textbook but I’m really worried how in depth they want the audiology knowledge I have exams to revise for too 😩
rxchxl_grxcx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Omg really ! We should be interviewing together then! I’m so nervous for it, I’m usually quite confident in interviews though so I’m hoping it’s the same for this one, although I imagine the hardest interview I’ve ever done lol
Yeah defo going to be tough, just got to keep your calm in it. Will be different to other interviews I have done because I won’t be able to waffle as they will actually know what I am talking about 😂😂
Poppaleeki
Rep:
?
How is everyone doing their location preferences? Has everyone kept all the locations or are they removing some/all the ones they don’t want
BreathingCloud
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm ranking them in the order I prefer, would rather stay in London but would move elsewhere so I've included all locations. I've been changing the order them frequently based on research online, i.e: user reviews on the hospitals, whether they're in 'special measures', if they have accreditation etc.

I've kind of just finalised them, given the cancellation of the interviews. Not sure what the next stage of the application is going to look like so I thought I'd get it done.
stulfc
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I wonder what the next stage would be?

started doing some basic interview prep even though it's cancelled. I am sure sort of communication task has to take place for the selection process.
Poppaleeki
Rep:
?
I don’t even know if they’ll have time for that to be honest, I think it will be entirely shortlisting scores of theyll give a case study for us to answer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (106)
60.57%
No (69)
39.43%

Watched Threads