The Student Room Group

Feelings for best friend, advice needed

Hi. Me and my best friend are both bisexual and have known each other for 7 months now. He knows that I have feelings for him but has always said to me that nothing will happen. The past few days we were talking about it and when I asked him if he’d ever considered taking our relationship further he replied saying ‘tbh I don’t know. I’ve never thought about it because we’re really good friends’.

Can anyone give me any advice on what I should do from here? Should I not bring up my feelings again? Should I try and talk about it again? I don’t know.

Thanks all.
Original post by PaulLen8052
Hi. Me and my best friend are both bisexual and have known each other for 7 months now. He knows that I have feelings for him but has always said to me that nothing will happen. The past few days we were talking about it and when I asked him if he’d ever considered taking our relationship further he replied saying ‘tbh I don’t know. I’ve never thought about it because we’re really good friends’.

Can anyone give me any advice on what I should do from here? Should I not bring up my feelings again? Should I try and talk about it again? I don’t know.

Thanks all.

Hi I know what kind of situation that is. I’m pansexual and I’ve had close friends of mine who I had feelings for in uni. It’s great you have great trust to be open and honest with each-other. On the side of your friend it does sound like they see you as such however keep an open mind. One of my close friends is a girl and I tend to just keep an open conversation/keep it light/go with the motion of the moment/not force anything. Don’t over discuss about your feelings but you don’t have to hide them either.
Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending